PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass installation

NC05LSV
07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
anyone install the perfect pass themselves? I am looking at doing it but have heard that it is pretty tough to get the old gauge out of an 05 LSV and put the PP in. Any information would be appreciated.

NC05LSV
07-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Never mind. I figured it out and put it in. Was easy putting it in the dashboard. Took me about 3.5 hours and saved like $550.00. If you have a paddle wheel already in your boat (all moombas do) then you are wasting money if you have someone put it in for you. By the way, I am the least handy person I know when it comes to wiring and such.

NCSUmoomba
07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I put PP in my 01 Outback, and it wasn't hard at all. The worst part was that I had to install a new paddle wheel, which involved drilling a big hole in the bottom of the boat. You will probably have to do some on water tweaking of the unit though. We load my boat down quite a bit (you have to, to get a decent wakeboard wake) so I had to adjust the variable that controls how aggressive the throttle control is. To run in Slalom mode you will definitely have to calibrate it for each speed setting.

NC05LSV
07-08-2007, 11:33 PM
thanks for the information. had it out on Harris lake today and it performed pretty well. had to do some adjustment like you said with the throttle but I am very happy so far.