PDA

View Full Version : Question about my 06 Outback V

Geoffrey18
07-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I have a small gripe about my V. I am wanting to add a depth finder on my boat since it did not come w/one stock. But,,I have no where to place the guage. I know that on the V's that on the wake plate, there is a depth guage,,but I have the wake plate and that guage is were the depth would be. In all the adds for the boat its says they have a blank guage for adding stuff. I am assuming the depth finder is an add on just like the wake plate. Now then,,,,were has anyone else added a depth finder to an 06 Outback V w/the wakeplate? I am hoping that some of you SC guys will chime in and eplain this to me and give me some suggestions. Thanks all

Dano
07-10-2007, 09:03 PM
I'll know the answer on Thursday when I go to pick up my 07. The salesman said they will install it in the dash. I'm not sure where, but I did make sure he wasn't removing anythhing existing gauge.

Geoffrey18
07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
If you could post some pics it would be awesome.

Dano
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Not exactly where I thought it would be.... This is probably my second most used gauge. I'll definatley set the alarms. I haven't been out in it yet, so it may not be that bad.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5844/depthfindergy2.th.jpg (http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=depthfindergy2.jpg)

gotmyboat
07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Dano -

It looks like the same monkey installed your capacity sticker that did mine. Did they just slap it on with the palm of their hand. Mine has so many bubbles in it it makes me crazy. Obviously this guy needs to spend some time with the guy who installs the decals to learn how to do it. I have been contemplating trying to get a new sticker so I can replace mine. Not sure if they will give me another.

It's nice that this is the only thing that I have to complain about. My boat has been flawless and I just turned 100 hours last night.

Dave

cptmoomba
07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Dano,

That is same place that mine came in.

I swapped locations with the voltage meter on the far left side of the dashboard.

The wires on the depth guage were long enough to reach easily. For the voltage meter, I had to splice about 10 inches of extra wire to reach the old depth guage hole.

All in all 30 minutes and now the depth is displayed in a much more intuitive place.

Dano
07-13-2007, 03:00 PM
The guy putting the capacity sticker just needs to pay a little more attention - it's not that hard!

Great idea about switching the gauges!!