PDA

View Full Version : Bazooka Powered Bass Tube

tazz3069
07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I only used this speaker on just one trip. I just installed it this past weekend for the 4th of July out on the Lake. My wife does not like the bass in the boat. I paid $379.00 at crutchfield. com.
Bazooka's marine-ready MBTA8200 8" amplified bass tube will add some clout to your nautical audio system. Its 200-watt amp delivers twice the power of the standard Bazooka powered bass tube, so it will really kick up the bass in your boat, all without requiring a lot of modifications.

The tube features a UV- and moisture-resistant enclosure and comes with an installation kit that includes a power/signal harness and mounting straps. Speaker- and preamp-level inputs ensure it can be connected to almost any radio, while the variable frequency filter lets you match the output to your system's specific needs.

An optional wired Remote Bass Control Module gives you independent cockpit volume control of the bass output.

Details:

» marine-ready 8" amplified bass tube
» waterproof 8" woofer with foam surround
» power output: 200 watts RMS
» frequency response: 39-250 Hz
» sensitivity: 102 dB
» variable low-pass filter (60-250 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
» subsonic filter (12 dB/octave at 35 Hz)
» speaker- and preamp-level inputs
» 18-9/16"L x 8-9/16"W x 10-1/16"H
I still have the tube. If anyone is interested, make me an offer.
Tazz

04OUTBACK
07-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I feel bad for you... Sorry!

ATLOUTBACKV
07-05-2007, 11:50 PM
lol i have 4 non powered 10's and a punch p1000.1... and i dont ahve enough bass.....lol i guess i am lucky to have a fiance who loves loud music....

good luck on the sale... bump

Bulldgz
07-06-2007, 04:07 AM
tazz3069

Just a suggestion: There is a way to keep your bass for yourself while making sure your better half is happy. When I installed my system I turned one of the accessory switches on the dash to work in this sequence:

While the stereo is on it controls the six interior speakers.

"click accessory switch down" it turns on the bass
"click accessory switch up' it turns on the tower speakers and the bass.
"accessory switch in the center" Bass & Tower are off

My buddy installed some small device on my switch wire that restricts power flow, its like a $10 piece most installers will have in their bag of tricks. You may be able to figure a scenario before you give up the "THUMP"

My wife doesn't care too much for bass as well, but as soon as she got 60 feet off the boat on the board she changed her mind....

Hopefully this saves the bass. Like I tell all my friends. "I wear the pants in the family. Unfortunately my wife controls the zipper!" :D

I say we start a petition to save the bass! lol Best of luck!

Oh Ya sweet boat! Love the color combo!

mphurrough
07-15-2007, 07:21 PM
have you sold it yet .... if not has the price come down any?

jst4fun
07-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Do you still have the tube??
I installed an Infinity , but it jst doesn't have enough punch.
Drop me an email if you do...
Thanks,
Marc

superman
08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Email me some pictures. [email protected]
________
marijuana dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org)

tazz3069
08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Still have the tube. If anyone is interested, make me an offer.
Tazz