PDA

View Full Version : Gravity III Hosed up

NC05LSV
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
My rear sacks on the GIII system keep blowing the hoses off. It happens even if the sacks are not filled all the way. They pop off the elbow fitting somehow without stripping the threads. The hoses stay connected to the elbow. Anyone find a remedy for this? thanks

NCSUmoomba
07-05-2007, 06:30 PM
If it uses the Fly High quick disconnects, make sure the red rings are slid into the locking position. Which is down I think, I haven't messed with mine for a while.

NC05LSV
07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
the hoses where the red rings are don't come off. It is the screwed in elbow joint that comes out. It isn't stripped or anything and doesnt happen all the time. Just at the worst possible time. thanks

cab13367
07-06-2007, 10:42 AM
NC05,

Have you tried wrapping the threads with teflon tape to try and snug it up a little? The fittings on my sacs come straight out instead of turning 90 degrees, but I've never had them come out. I am puzzled as to why yours are coming out if they are not stripped. I wonder if maybe the hoses are not long enough and when the bag fills, the hoses are tugging on the elbow fitting enough to pop them off??

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Al

NC05LSV
07-06-2007, 03:59 PM
thanks Cab I will give that a shot. The dealer could have left more length in the fill hose for sure. will let you guys know how it turns out...thanks