PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in Floor !!!

jcaines
07-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Just sent My 2000 mobius to the upolstery shop for new carpet. I recived a call from them (7/3/07) They advised me that there are crasks yes cracks as in more than one . 2 of them run the length of the boat one on each side from about the winsheld to the back of the boat . and there is an inch and a half drop in the floor . i am a little confused how this could happen in a "woodless" boat that is kept in side a warehouse and only has around 350 hours on it . I have put a call in to the factory but have yet to hear from them day before the forth. So I called the dealer To day he advise me that the life time hull warrenty is only good to the first owner ( I bought the boat in early 2003 ) But i should wait to hear from the factory . So i am waiting not so well sense it has only been a day and it is a holiday.

Has anyone else Had any floor problems ?

Is my moomba that I LOVE SO MUCH really a piece of crap :x say it aint so

Buttafewcoe
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe one time they used a boat load of fat chicks for ballast?

jcaines
07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Recived a call from skiers choice today 7/5/07 they will be reviewing the photos I am e-mailing them And advised me the problem may not be as bad a I think but they wont know till they review the photos. but so far I am happy with their response . They will be gitting back to me tomorrow I will post another update then.

jcaines
07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
so it turns out the cracks are caused by deterioration of a seamfiller compound that was between panels in the floor . They advised fiberglassing over the seam to repair it . so I went one further with the help of a friend in the fiberglass biz we carefully removed all of the bad filler (side note putting baby power on exposed skin will keep the fiberglass from making you itch,"I dont know why but it does") Mixed a fiberglass filler material then glassed over the whole thing. I will be pulling the carpet back in the compartment under the seat to monitor the floor. i will post any other problems

I was overall very pleased with moomba's response
good to see there are still a few companies who still care about their customers.