PDA

View Full Version : Water level insanity!

MEDIC151
07-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Here in the Dallas area, we have had so much rain that all but 2 Corp lakes are closed. I live 5 minutes from my favorite lake and it is 8 feet above pool and rising with no discharge from the dam. I went and looked at the ramp I normally use and I would have to have a snorkel on my truck just to launch. The ramps are still open, which I don't understand, and with a 06 XLV I would have hell getting off the trailer. I think that I will stay on land today and avoid the idiots that are sure to amass at the 2 open lakes.

Last year no rain, this year too much. Love Texas weather!

Medic

gsi09907
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
At least u got rain, here in North GA we are 17 inches below norm and all the lakes are at least 15 feet down and some more than that, everyone has a dead lawn and dead flowers due to a water ban and fines if you are caught, can't wash a car or the boat... too much sucks too little sucks
the world has all gone to hell lately

later

hope you get out soon

JesseC
07-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I am in the same situation as gsi09907. We are 16 inches below normal and it is getting really difficult to launch the boat. Our ramps are now out of the water and I am not sure how much longer we wil be able to launch the boat. The only thing making it easier to recover and launch the boat is the F350 Super Duty Turbo Diesel 4x4 quad cab. The truck is long enough to keep the front tires in a good clean spot!!! Heck , I am not even sure the truck even knows there is a boat back there, this truck is HUGE!!!

JesseC
07-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Here are some pics of how low our lake has gotten. Where the little dogs are is usually about 3 feet deep. Notice in the scond picture how we are now "docking" the boat! We tie it to the dock and then use three anchors to keep it from hitting the dock. I know three anchors is excessive, but if I had a fourth one, I would use it too!! The rollers from the other wake boats really moves it a good bit.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/lake_down2.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/lake_down.jpg

MEDIC151
07-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I would trade for something in between, and would love to see the sun out like what is in your pics. We are leaving Sat. for Ouachita for 10 days, hopefully the rain doesn't follow us there.

Medic

tazz3069
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Out in Las Vegas, we are almost 100 ft below normal level. The nick name is the bath tub ring. The picture tells it all. Right now, it is about 111 degrees with 5% humidity outside. VERY HOT!!!!!!!!!!! and no rain in sight.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/bathtub_ring.jpg

Sled491
07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
And I was pissed when our neighbouring lake closed their dam and our level dropped 6 inches. If our lake dropped 100 ft there'd be no more lake, just a really cool ATV park! :(

moombadaze
07-12-2007, 08:40 AM
our lake is down a good 5 feet--sucks cause there is a narrow
shallow spot in the middle and has basically cut our lake in
1/2. knee deep that is-boat would not float across it.

Ed g, whats the levels like up there--would like to get up there
one of these weekends if possible

stacy

rshea99
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
You thank thats bad are lake in Ark. got so low you could walk to the middle which is normally 15 ft on are end they finally had to install 10 pumps to get the water level back up. They said it still could take a couple of months to get the level back to normal. This is twice in the last 4 years it has happened. Makes it hard when you have a house on the water with all your other toys and you have to leave it and go some where else.

Dave A
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Guy I work has a new Malibu, just broken in, and the water level at Lake Mitchell is down 3ft. That means his new Malibu is stuck on the lift. Won't go low enough to get the boat in the water. Expensive shelf. :D

BTW. The lake is a controlled lake and is not suposed to fluctuate more than 6". That is the reason no one on the lake has a lift that goes low.

JesseC
07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Guy I work has a new Malibu, just broken in, and the water level at Lake Mitchell is down 3ft. That means his new Malibu is stuck on the lift. Won't go low enough to get the boat in the water. Expensive shelf. :D

BTW. The lake is a controlled lake and is not suposed to fluctuate more than 6". That is the reason no one on the lake has a lift that goes low.
Dave,
are you going to the lake this weekend. I am headed out there rain or shine!!! I did not go last week and I am about to loose my mind!!!

Dave A
07-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Not this weekend. Spent July 4th - the 7th on the Tennessee River near Scottsboro. Developed a little transmission trouble, and the boat is in the shop. I think I'm going out on Logan Martin with my sister this weekend. More on the tranny trouble when I find out what is wrong.

Dave.

MEDIC151
07-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, as predicted the rain followed us to Arkansas. We still had a great time and did get lake time, although, not what I wanted. Ouachita was down about 3 feet, but came up half that while we were there. Great lake if you have never been, lots of islands and coves for glass water.

Medic