PDA

View Full Version : speakers went out

Zihuatanejo
07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
My little brother had the boat out and told me he was just sitting and listining to the radio and all of a sudden there was no sound. You can see on the face of the stereo that it is still playing the tracks but there is no sound. Any thoughts?

MEDIC151
07-04-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't know if you have an amp or not, but mine did that and I found that if the battery got too low, the amp would not work but the boat would still start. Everything would come on, but no sound. Charged the battery and all was good. Thats when I installed a second battery and switch. Also, might check the back of the head unit for a loose speaker harness, with all the bouncing around, it might have come loose. Hope this helps.

Medic

Mritter
07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
How much did they charge you to add the second battery? Or did you do it yourself?

Thinking about doing it on my 07 Mobius.

Thanks

Zihuatanejo
07-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I do not have an amp but I will charge the battery this weekend and see if it helps. I also looked at the harness on the back of the stereo and checked the speaker wires to make sure they were all connected all looked o.k.

MEDIC151
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
I installed the switch myself, and it is not too complicated. Perko is the brand that I used and the directions are pretty straight forward.

Medic