PDA

View Full Version : 2000 KAMBERA

BEAVER
07-23-2003, 01:29 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW A WAKE PLATE WORKS ON A KAMBARA ALSO HOW DO YOU KEEP WATER OUT OF IN FLOOR SKI LOCKER

wdf
07-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Mine works well on my 2000 Kamberra--or did you mean how does it work, mechanically.

pjtatro
07-24-2003, 11:51 AM
It is a bear to get all of the water out of the boat unless you have a big hill in the area. I crank up my trailer on the tongue jack, put the nose of my trailer on blocks, crank the tongue jack up so I can get my 3 ton floor jack under the wheel of the tongue jack and then I jack up the front until the back of the trailer barely touches the driveway. Kind of a pain but it beats driving around the area looking for a really steep hill. If the ramp is not busy when you pull out, you can pull the plug there and let it drain........

I too am curious about adding a hydraulic wakeplate. Moomba sent me the fixed one but I never installed it. I like my wake just the way it is. Ski Limited has a hydraulic kit for approx $300 that I am considering. The purpose of the hydraulic plate is to lift the back end out of the water (in the down position) to reduce the wake for slalom skiers and also to prevent porpoising at higher speeds. When wakeboarding it can be adjusted to tweak the size of the wake, all the way up will give you the biggest wake, which should be the same as no plate at all..