PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Lock

06 OB LSV
07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Has anyone ever had any problems with their boat vapor locking? I was at the sand bar last weekend for a few hours, and when we went to leave the boat would not start. While getting towed back, I opened the gas cap and the engine compartment cover. I kept trying to start the boat every couple minutes. About 10 minutes after getting towed, the boat fired. It ran like crap at first (in neutral), then settled down and ran fine. The next day it ran fine. My boat is mostly black and it was 94 degrees that day. Just curious if anyone has ever had this happen to them?

aintskeered
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Do a search on it been discussed a bit ...... But I have had simular problem... at a lot cooler temps. Dealer fixed it. If you are a ways from the dealer locate the fuel pump. Reroute the lines by turning fittings, moving lines and tye wraps so the fuel pump is clear of them. Solved our problem. I had several "hot" lines running accross the fuel pump. exhaust crossover, two oil lines from oil filter, and another which I cant rember what. A semi wet towel or a can of componet cooler from radio shack cooled the bypass at the fuel pump and will allow a restart also. just dont soak the fuel pump its electric.