PDA

View Full Version : Good Price on NEW 2006 Mobius LS? help !

mbpinks
07-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Can someone tell me if this is a good deal on a Carryover New 2006 Mobius LS?

New Carryover 06 mobius LS Comes with
Bimini Top
Depth Finder
325HP Indmar
Hydraulic Wakeplate
Perfect Pass
Rad A Cage Cover
AM/FM/CD w/REM Sirius
2 Tower Speakers with 2channel amp
Gravity III Ballast system 1frt bag and split rear Tank
Pop up cleats
comes on single axle painted trailer with swing away tongue

Dealer is also throwing in
Tower mirror bracket and Spare Tire and mounting bracket.

MSRP that he showed me was $40,993.00

Dealer will sell to me for $ 33,000 plus sales tax

Is this a Great Deal on this Boat ? or am i missing something?

Thanks for any help.!!

Buttafewcoe
07-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Sounds like a pretty good deal. You listed a lot of amenities it comes with.
B

mbpinks
07-01-2007, 09:40 AM
well I have a old 1985 boat, so I'm new to the Moombas and wakeboard type boats. But i have been studying them to try to find a good deal with alot of equipment.

I'm trying to decide if i will be happy with the Direct Drive or should i go with VDrive. my family likes to do everything......ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tubing.... we aren't soley wakeboarders so thats why i thought a direct drive might fit us better.

ATLOUTBACKV
07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
go v drive you will love having the extra seating...

Dave A
07-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Sounds like a great deal. That's about what I paid for my '05, in '05, and I didn't get perfect pass or tower speakers. An LSV would give you more room while tubing, or skiing, but kneeboarding or wakeboarding, there is no difference.

cab13367
07-03-2007, 02:36 AM
mb,

That's an excellent deal, comparable to the deal I got on my 2006 LSV that I bought in December (last '06 that the dealer had).

If you can swing the extra $$, and you are not a hardcore slalom skier, I would definitely go with a V drive. Especially since you have kids, like to tube, etc. The layout of the V drive is so much more functional and spacious than a DD. I would strongly urge you to take both out for a test drive and pay attention to the size of the wake. With the ballast empty and not too many people, the V drive puts out a manageable wake for even inexperienced and younger skiers. Plus you have the wakeplate to flatten the wake out further. My wife is a very catious wakeboarder and she does just fine crossing the wake back and forth behind our 2006 LSV with the ballast empty. And my 10 year old rides with all the ballast full (I've got the Gravity III system) and loves to get air.

Best of luck to you. I upgraded from a 1991 19' stern drive to my current Moomba and what a difference. Also, definitely go with fuel injection (flawless starting and operation at all times) and double axle trailer (peace of mind while towing - never have to worry about the trailer swaying).

Hope that helps.

Al

mbpinks
07-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks a bunch! for your input, its helpful to know i'm on the right track.

its a great deal on this 06 direct drive, but if i want to go to V Drive i can't find one in an 06 model to get a comparable deal (plus the extra cost for VDrive of course). and doesn't seem like anyone wants to give that kind of Great deal on a 2007 Vdrive. because they are so popular.

Does the Bow Rise up much on a VDrive when you start out.? Thats what i don't like about my stern drive now.

and when turning does it turn flat in the water like a direct drive or like a stern drive.?

JoeTechie
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
The answer to both is VERY close to the DD.

The dead rise is only slightly higher - remember - the prop is still in the exact same place, only the weight placement is different.

MUCH less than a stern drive - the drive is litterally pushing the hull up in those boats, and they take forever to plane. Tow boats are designed to plane almost immediatly, and you will never notice any dead rise since what little there is, is almost instantly gone.... unless you have 900lbs of Ballast in the rear sacs and are running 9mph to pull a waksurfer, then the bow tens to ride a little high. :wink:

Turning is also very simmilar to a direct drive, only a bit more of a rear dig at low speeds.

Otherwise - they are the same boat. Well - actually - the LS is the same as the LSV, not the V. The V is a smaller hull than the LS, both in length, width, and freeboard.

Hope ths helps,

-J

mbpinks
07-03-2007, 11:31 AM
thanks!

Can someone tell me what i could expect to get into a carryover 07 Mobius LSV loaded up like the above LS If I wait and get one this fall or thru the winter?

how much more cost is a LSV over a LS ?

i have had different dealers tell me conflicting info. one dealer says the LSV Vdrive adds $3,000 over a LS Direct Drive. Another dealer says $4-5,000, and the dealer i called today said $6,000 more !!! So what is actually the truth? if there is truely only $3,000 more cost in the VDrive over the Direct... then is the other dealer just jacking the price up because the VDrives are more popular now?

hiqualityH2O
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
$5000 I think is typical. Another thing to think about is re-sale. Down the road it will be a lot easier to sell a V drive than a DD. This could be why they are selling the DD well below MSRP.

Either way though, you're going to have a great time on the water!

Good luck!

zabooda
07-03-2007, 02:18 PM
I have a 98 Mobius DD and it doesn't have the interior space of the V Drive but it pulls the average skier and average wakeboarder real well. It is an excellent family boat. I like to ski from the smaller lighter DD's but most are closed bow and nixs the family boat thing. The people I take wake boarding like it but having a V Drive with fat sacs would get you the larger wake. The wake does change real well from the wake boarding speed to the waterski speed. My boat I bought used in 2002 still lists in NADA above the price I paid for it. They all keep their value real well. If the boat your looking is below MSRP, you could use the boat and still sell it for close to the purchase price if you decide to go to another model.

cab13367
07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
how much more cost is a LSV over a LS ?

Have you tried the boat builder feature on this site?? That should get you pretty close.

Al

JoeTechie
07-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I agree w/ cab above - use the boat builder - it will give you specifics...

Base price of the '07 Mobius LS = $33,700
Base price of the '07 Mobius LSV = $37,000

So $3300 diff. all things being equal.

-Joe

mbpinks
07-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah, Thanks.... I did the boat builder and that helps to give me an idea.

JoeTechie
07-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Also remember you can get the Outback V for less than both. Base is $32K, and with tower and ballast it's $34.2K. List.

-J

mbpinks
07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
i was trying to compare...

What is the Difference between the OutBack V , OutBack LSV to the Mobius LSV ?
From what i can see the Mobius LSV is a Deeper Boat. which i liked being in kansas the wind blows and liked more boat sticking out of the water. am i right?

JoeTechie
07-06-2007, 11:16 AM
There are currently 4 hull designs:

Base Outback

Outback V

LS series

XL series

The current Outback V is the same hull as the 04-05 LSV - renamed and kept in the line becasue it was a great hull. Offers a lower price start point for a true wakeboard boat.

The base OB is a ski hull - period. You can put a tower on it and ballast all you like - it is still a ski hull.

ALL the other hulls are wakeboard hulls - they are designed to create a wake right from the factory and without a wakeplate to STOP them from doing so - they do with no ballast. Albeit smallish.

The 06-07 LS series (OutBack LS & LSV, Mobius LS & LSV) are newer larger and yes "deeper" (more freeboard) hulls. They also have a deeper V keel to cut chop much better. The difference between the "Outback" and "Mobius" badges is that the Mobius comes standard with a tower and basic ballast pre-plummed and wired. You can buy them and add them to an OB and have the exact same boat, but pay more since the mobius is essentially a package. LS vs LSV is pretty simple - direct drive vs V drive.

XLV and GG XLV are huge major wakeboats.

As far as kansas weather, and wind and "blowing"...

you're on your own.

:wink:

Hope this helps,

-Joe

mbpinks
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, thanks for the Great Info.! I think i will wait till this fall and see if i can't get a leftover MOBIUS LSV at a Good Deal. If not, i will have to find a slightly used one. Thanks all for your help.!