PDA

View Full Version : Banks lake

csumerall
06-29-2007, 02:09 AM
So we're going to Banks Lake(in wa) anyways I was wondering if anyone has ever been there. I havent and I've heard its too busy to really enjoy but then Ive heard that its so big that theres more than enough room for everyone. I guess basically what Im wondering is if anyone here can set me straight. We are headed over mid July. Also if anyone has stayed at sunbanks resort if they could let me know what kind of place it was that would be great too

zabooda
06-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Mid-July shouldn't be a problem anywhere over there. I heard Lake Chelan stays busy. If you are looking for cabin rentals then the Sun Lakes are good. Banks Lake has the one state campground and it is mostly rock sides with a few sand beaches. I'd recommend going a little further to Spring Canyon on Lake Roosevelt where there are ample sand beaches and coves. As with all of the campsites on Lake Roosevelt there is no electricity. There is a launch at Grand Coulee and motels in town. One characteristic of that area is the water is like glass until 11AM and then a slight breeze until evening. Have fun and take in the laser show at the dam.

kevinmccarry
06-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I have been to Banks before...both good and bad experiences. You can usually find good water as long as you aren't up close to Steamboat St Park or down in Coulee City. Warning - watch the lake levels. I was in my brother-in-laws Calabria a few years ago and cruising back to Coulee City on the east side of the lake and we hit some rocks going 20mph. Not a good sign when you start taking in water! They dropped the lake level a few feet the night before so be careful.

I agree with zabooda, Lake Roosevelt is nice.