PDA

View Full Version : Ireland: Day 2

scmarketing
06-28-2007, 01:58 AM
A bit of a blog here.

Trip started off with a few struggles. Amber Wing's wisdom teeth took a bite out of her travel plans. She had to remain in the states for medical attention. Then Josh Sanders missed his Chicago connection. So we won't see Australia's finest for a few more hours.

We are staying in a town called Birr. Central Highlands of Ireland. Beautiful, clean, green ... just a few kms away from the River Shannon. There is an old english castle in town ... currently owner occupied. A few great pubs.
We ate dinner last night at a place called the Thatch. Beyond good.

Driving takes a while to get accustomed to. Roads are tight. The left hand of the road thing adds some sparkle. And then of course the stick shift is on your left hand side. Glad to be a lefty for a change.

This morning we start at 7am on the Shannon. Water is blackish ... pretty chilly. But no commercial traffic on the river keeps it clean. We will be leaving our dealership - Silverline Cruises --- Morgan and Barbara Smythe ... and running upstream to an old monastic site ... I'll get this wrong ... Clon Mcnoyse ... spelling incorrect. The guys from Fuel and Alliance have been awesome. Ben, Trevor and Reed are ready to go.

So far so good. My wife even enjoyed a relatively dark colored adult beverage. So life is fine in Ireland in the summertime.

More later.

Michael

gotmyboat
06-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Agreed, keep it coming Michael. And for the love of God, drink a pint of Guinness for me!! I'll live vicariously through you.

Dave

scmarketing
06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Many a toast has been raised to you all.