PDA

View Full Version : Drive train vibration

Sled491
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
We were out skiing tonight, river and lake were awsum. But after my wifes second pull my boat picked up a slight shudder. The Fox river is known to be muddy and house the occaisional submerged branch. I didn't feel anything unusual, but all of a sudden it just doesn't seem right. We went from the river to the lake (the whole time there was a slight vibration) and when we got there I dove under to have a feel around. No knicks or burrs or sharp edges one the shaft or the prop. I then opened the engine compartment and put the boat into drive to watch the shaft, again everything looked good. :?

I went for the last pull of the night and then we went home. I pulled the boat up on the trailer and inspected the drive line on the trailer, agian nothing.

Is it possible that the brass prop could get bent and out of balance and leave no sign of a hit? Can the prop be rebalanced or do I need to go get a new one right away?

Longshore
06-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey Sled,

I just had this happen on my 06 LSV. Thought it was the prop or shaft but my problem ended up being the rudder. It somehow got a lot of play in it and was really loose. It's in the shop now getting a new one. You may want to check that out. Good luck!