PDA

View Full Version : Where to put depth gauge

Rugburn
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Im buying a digital depth gauge but have no place to put it. I called Skiers Choice to see if I could add that triangle piece near the throttle that holds two gauges. They say none is available for my year of Mobius (02). I dont really want to swap out my voltmeter, but I dont think I have much of a choice. Anybody get creative as to where they put their depth gauge?

BTW - the depth gauge I had in mind was the Humminbird HDR 610. Anybody else use this one? Good, bad, suggestions?

realleigh
06-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I have an older outback (99) so I am not sure how your dash is configured.

I just put the Faria depth guage into my boat, and installed it in the dash, cutting a hole to make a triangle with the volt metrer and fuel guage. The insall was fairly straightforward, and I have found the Faria to be relaible so far. I was going to get he Humminbird 610 - P, but the guage size is larger than the rest of the instruments. The Faria also matches the others on the dash.

I have some pics if it helps.

Duncan

Rugburn
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Ed Ive seen these in the Overtons catalog and thought they looked pretty cool. Im wondering if anybody in here has used one, and how is the quality.

Rugburn
06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Just ordered one, so its on it's way. Thanks for the tip Edward. :D

Rugburn
06-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Good Googly Moogly....1041 posts Ed! :shock:

realleigh
06-30-2007, 02:02 AM
I don't want to cast a pale on the decision to buy the hawkeye finder, but that was the one I replaced with the Faria. It did not do the job through the hull. That one is made for Seadoos, as far as I can tell. The transducer did not have the power to see through the hull of my boat.

If you are planning on trying it, send me a note, and I will go over the details of my three install loction attempts.

Cheers,

Duncan