PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

gt9118
06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Well I am sitting at work super bored dreaming about next week. Does anyone have any large gatherings planned on the lake for the holiday?

deerfield
06-27-2007, 03:05 PM
gt - We are staying away from the lake on the 4th. Instead, going to D.C. for the week to take in a Cubs/Nationals game and watch firworks from the National Mall. Yup, people do their share of drinking there too, but it's still safer than being on the water on a holiday. One scare was enough. - Deerfield

qb12
06-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll be performing at the local VFW as a big booty stripper.

ed,

that is just sick :roll:

haven't made up my mind if we will hit the lake. being a wednesday 4th really stinks this year. plus i always get worried about all the wally's at the lake.

gotmyboat
06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I have rented a house on the lake at Coeur d'Alene Idaho. It has a dock with 2 slips. I will be towing the Outback the 14 hours to get there. I just got the tires balanced and bought a spare just in case. We have never been to CdA, but have heard only good things about it. We'll be there for 7 days. We leave at noon on Friday and am counting the hours.

Dave

Pike
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I have rented a house on the lake at Coeur d'Alene Idaho. It has a dock with 2 slips. I will be towing the Outback the 14 hours to get there. I just got the tires balanced and bought a spare just in case. We have never been to CdA, but have heard only good things about it. We'll be there for 7 days. We leave at noon on Friday and am counting the hours.

Dave

That sounds like so much fun! Why cant I have friends like you?? Trying to get my "friends" out to the local lake which is 30 mins away is like pulling teeth!!! :x Have Fun!!!

Sled491
06-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Ski in the morning, hang out during the day, then go to a differnent lake with my siter in law and her boyfriend with their boat to watch the fireworks and have a mid night booze cruise

gotmyboat
06-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey Pike, come join us. It is only 21 hours from OC. :D

I actually invited a couple of other families, but they all had other plans already. It is just going to be me, my wife, my 3 daughters, and a friend for my 11 year old. The 13 year old couldn't drag any friends away either. I guess the distance and 7 days away was too much for them all. COWARDS!! We'll have a ball without them.

We are also going to spend a day at Silverwood theme park and waterslides. Still counting down the hours........

Dave

AustinXLV
06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Me and about 10 other buddies rented a barge and were planning on going out to Lake Travis here in Austin along with my boat. We have around 50 people RSVP'd for the barge but the lake is almost 20' over with all the crazy rain! So far the lakes are still closed and we are just hoping they open before the 4th. The past 2 years we had no water and now way too much!

csumerall
06-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Sittin at home burnin some meat and lighting some fireworks with friends and family and most importantly staying away from the water and all the other boats(see my last post of the the last holiday weekend)

Buttafewcoe
06-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Prolly idle over to the sand bar, sup sum suds and watch 'wildlife'. They'll b upwards of 50 to 75 boats rafting up.
B

seanpatsdad
06-30-2007, 06:22 AM
I am going to a big gathering.It is called work.We don't get the day off. :cry: Hope everyone else has a safe and fun 4th.
John

Buttafewcoe
06-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Bummer.
After an offsite meeting yesterday about labor data collection which dang near ran into dinner time (no, they dint serve beer, but that woulda been helpful), I finally started my vacation for the 4th. Being a Detroit native and parents UAW, I'm used to having Memorial week, July 4th week, and Labor Day week off. Prime Boating Vac's, yes?
As a 20yr vet of my company, I now get 20 paid days off, to take as I see fit. LG
Sorry for the rub.
BTW, member of the 700 club (posts that is 8)
B