PDA

View Full Version : standard mirror dont fit

edwindenijs
06-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I have a new 07 LSV and it game with a standard mirror.
When trying to place it it not seems to fit on the window, I can not put it on because the clamp is to small to fit over the window rail.

Do more pople have this problem?
If so how did you solve it......

moomba_armada
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Try not using the plastic spacer, just the adjusting knob to the window frame, I did that no problem.

Pike
06-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Try not using the plastic spacer, just the adjusting knob to the window frame, I did that no problem.

Ya what Armada said. The dealer told me that the 07 windows are thicker and someone forgot to re-design the size of the mirror clamp......I was a bit annoyed at first but then realized that I was going to buy a Tower Mount mirror in the future anyway...

edwindenijs
06-26-2007, 02:32 PM
using just the adjusting knob is a option but doesn't it damage the window?
A tower mirror for christmas is a good idea, must ask santa!

BTW MA how is it in spain and in what part you life? Used to come there a lot to do kayak races in asturias (descenso dell sella), and had trainingcamps near barcelona and in the Murcia region.

Thanks for the response

moomba_armada
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Edwin

The adjusting knob didnīt damage the window, but I was only out once that way..sea was slightly rough though.
I live In Galicia,beside Asturias.El descenso del Sella is some kinda crowded but the river is beautiful.Kayaking is not one of my favourites,too tiring... :) I did some waveski many years ago, but we all here go to surf,also had surfshops when I was younger...so tired of paddling I now found the driver seat in the boat extremelly comfortable..with a six pack..or two :lol:
Really love Holland, even rode up to Assen on my motorbike, also went all around in a motorhome with my family..Amsterdam,Utrecht,Aachen,Delft,Breda..all nice places full of history..well..Iīm speaking too much again... :?

Take care,mate.

Dano
07-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I found the same thing on my boat. I cut out a piece of rubber from some left over dock bumper I had. Just wanted to make sure I didn't mar the frame.

exige
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
where can i purchase the tower mount mirror from? i saw one on a LSV at norris that looked great, didnt know where to buy it though. thanks for the help..

cab13367
09-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Got mine from monstertower.com.

04OUTBACK
09-11-2007, 08:04 AM
I just ordered one from DIYWake.com will be here Friday.
Try Bosswake.com too

llxlv
09-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Your local dealer should have a good supply of tower mirror mounts.

VA LSV
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
2nd season with the Bosswake tower mirror on my 05 LSV. 1 of the few that offer 1&5/8 and works well with my tower. The mirror that came with it however is junk. The rubber gasket that holds the glass in the frame cracked all over the 1st season and finally broke last week. Looking to buy a CIPA mirror for 3/4 post mount.