PDA

View Full Version : Engine and transmission fluids,mixing brands?

moomba_armada
06-25-2007, 05:23 AM
First day on water...amazing...just a bit soaked when the sea turned a something rough, these boats are not really meant for it, I know...but this is like a fiord and normally calm in the summer.
Well, I checked the boat fluids levels like the owners manual says.Closed cooling system expansion tank was dry,not the exchanger luckily...Manual says about some Sierra brand propylene glycol antifreezer, I just added destilled water cause weather here is warm, but could i use any other propylene glycol coolant?.
Engine oil level was right after 5 hors running, but could i MIX the original Pennzoil oil adding another approved by owners manual oil type?.
Transmission and V-Drive oil both were low so, I have the same question about MIXING oil types cause I canīt find Pennzoil products here.So can I refill both systems with another approved oil brands I know I can use other oil brands, just not sure about mixing them when refilling the level.

Thanks in advance

Buttafewcoe
06-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Yes you can mix brands. Try to go with ones that have the same properties and ratings.
Hope this helps
B