PDA

View Full Version : '07 Outback ballast and speaker questions

TL7
06-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Recently picked up our '07 Outback. Yea!! I like the wake with the 1 bag in the back, but as any other wakeboarder I want more. A few quick questions about the ballast...

1. The bag will fill completely, but once I turn off the pump some of the water drains, leaving it probably 90% full or so. Is this normal or should I have the dealer look at it?

2. Can the factory bag be switched out for a larger one? I'm not even sure what size it is right now. Second question, is there any way to add ballast that isn't seen and is automated? There is no front ski locker so I don't know if this is possible.

3. I want to add a sub...I assume under the driver side dash is the best location. Anyone have pics I can see for reference?

Anyway, I'm really happy with the boat and this forum is great. It's answered a lot of my questions already and I'm sure I will have more!!

TL :D

pickle311
06-25-2007, 12:30 AM
For the back ballast, you can replace the bag with the 750lb ProX bag. You can also put bags under the front seats or in the walk way. I personally run 300lbs under the front seats. Here's a pic of my sub box.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/pickle311/IMG_1848.jpg

JoeTechie
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Pickle, very nice box design... but I can't imagine giving up leg room for Bass.

-J

pickle311
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
thanks, it doesn't bother me because I never drive :lol: , my wife is the captain and she's short.

gotmyboat
06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm with you Joe. I stretch my legs out and slouch down (especially when it's cold.) I look like one of the homies getting ready to do a drive-by. :lol:

Dave

NateDog
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
the cap on your steering wheel says moomba. i have a damn supra cap