PDA

View Full Version : 4 blade Prop For Sale

EJVX2
06-21-2007, 09:48 PM
4 blade stainless steel propellor for sale - 13x13 1/2 LH 1"dia.

Mint condition, used as a spare for 2002 Moomba Outback, great hole shot.

Asking $275.00

bigboyfootin
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
I have been looking for a fourblade. Could you post some pics. Your boat wasn't a v drive was it. Sorry about the large pic but since i posted i havent been able to change it due to new restriction on internet at work.

JoeTechie
06-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Why a 4 blade on the OB ?

Buttafewcoe
06-23-2007, 02:30 AM
I can see why, I own an OB. By the time I get 'all sacked up' she's a bit sluggish out da hole. The extra low end push would come in handy
B

JoeTechie
06-23-2007, 04:55 PM
That does not have anything to do with the number of blades !

You simple need a different pitch.

OJ and Acme both make a great 3 blade "wakeboard" replacement for the 3 blade "water ski" prop on that is standard on the OB.

Read this:
https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?p=24459&highlight=#24459

-J

Buttafewcoe
06-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Actually,
Boat Propeller Advantages/Disadvantages

3 blade propeller vs. 4 blade stainless propeller:
3 blade Advantage- performance, good acceleration, best top end.
4 blade Advantage- best hole shot, increased stability and fuel economy.
5 blade stainless propeller:
Advantage- good hole shot.
Disadvantage- mid-range, top end and fuel economy.
So adding another blade without changing the pitch will help dig in and improve holeshot.
But Joe is right also. You can change the pitch and accomplish similar results.
Besides, I like the look of the 4 blade wheel. I guess it's a vanity thing. :p
Hope this helps
B

JoeTechie
06-24-2007, 01:57 PM
"Actually"...

3 blades have almost the same surface area as 4, and that article is comparing SS to brass, old tech. - Nibral changed all that.

This 3 vs 4 is a long ongoing argument. The 3's used to have more vibration then the 4's did, then the 4's got wonky, now they are both pretty stable. A 3 blade creates less turbulence therefore that is why they are used on pro ski boats. Wakeboard boats care a lot less about turbulence so they use 4 blades.

Trust me - the 3 blade OJ XMP will kick your ass and have just as much hole shot on that boat as a 4 blade.

I understand "blade envy" Butta, but there are pills for that now.

:wink:

-Joe

EJVX2
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks all for the feedback on the prop. Heres the low down, this prop is mint, 4 blade SS, dimensions previously provided.

I used my OB for primarily slalom skiing, my experience, is that the 4 blade improved hole shot. I only used this prop for 2 weeks as a spare until my nibral got repaired after being whacked by a log.

As this site is a "horrow show" to post pics, serious inquires please e-mail me at [email protected], I will then send you pics.

$275.00 for a mint SS prop is a great deal, I would keep it if it fit my LXI.

Cheers!

Buttafewcoe
06-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Yes almost the same surface area, but not quite. And a 4 blade NiBrAl is available, in case you don't want to go w/ the SS prop.
BTW, that is an excellent price on yours, EJVX2
B

Sled491
07-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Traditionally a four blade prop was not only stronger out of the hole, but was flatter in the corners and suffered from less speed loss in the corners. My buddy just put a brass 4 blade on his outback this weekend, very stong, I was impressed.

EJVX2
07-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Prop is sold.