PDA

View Full Version : Running out of water

rshea99
06-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Is there any way to run water into the motor while the boat is out of the water need to adjust the carbs and was wanting to try and do it at the house I know your not suppose to run them without water(any motor)just wanting to try and take care of it before I get to the lake.

Wolf-
06-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Is there any way to run water into the motor while the boat is out of the water need to adjust the carbs and was wanting to try and do it at the house I know your not suppose to run them without water(any motor)just wanting to try and take care of it before I get to the lake.

Fake a Lake:
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=32740&pdesc=Fake_Lake_Flusher
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/277101/0/0/inboard/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

rshea99
06-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info, new to these types of boats so I figured their had to be something out their to get the job done.

Wolf-
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the info, new to these types of boats so I figured their had to be something out their to get the job done.

No worries. mate.
There is also a kit you can get from your dealer that goes inline for flushing out the system.

If you get the "plunger on the stick" model, be sure to have someone watching it while you are bouncing around inside.

I park mine in the grass and bury the end into the ground to keep it from walking away on me.

Buttafewcoe
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Good job!...you def don't want to run w/o water input...that rubber impellor wouldn't stand a few seconds w/o it
B

rshea99
06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
What rubber impellor are you talking about. Is this one of these things to keep an eye on.

Buttafewcoe
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
It's in a pump housing mounted on the front of the engine. Usually 4 screws hold the cover on, the impellor is under that cover. Recommended replacement time is once a year.

rshea99
06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks again for the tips. I got of race cars because of all the work and time it took to keep it going I am finding out these are the same way but at least its only once a year upkeep and the reward is a whole lot better. I have yet to leave the lake mad and upset because of a bad finish or something got tore up. Thanks again for all the help. If any one is from the Memphis area let me know might be on the same lake some day haven't seen to many other moombas on the water yet I know they are around.

Engine Nut
06-24-2007, 03:27 PM

It is really much better to adjust carb with the boat in the water. You need to have some backpressure on the exhaust to get the carburetor dialed in properly.

rshea99
06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks Larry.