PDA

View Full Version : Wake behind 06 mobius LSV

wbarksda
06-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I just got my mobius two weeks ago and am having a tuff time getting the wake right. I have the gravity one ballast system and 2 400 # Fly highs in the rear and a 650# fly high in the bow. With all the weight in the boat it feels like the sweet spot of the wake is really close. With a full line out you are back in the white wash. Any suggestions? I know I could pull the rope in but some of my friends and I need the whole rope for tricks we do. Thanks in advance.

gsi09907
06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
speed up to at least 24 or move the plate to 50%

wbarksda
06-19-2007, 11:50 PM
ok I will try that and see. thanks

MoMan
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I've have an 06 LSV with 340hours and your set up is not too far off what we run. I have gravity III. 400Lb up front and 2x250 in the rear. We add 800lb up front and another 600lb in the back. My son rides at 24mph at 75ft (one loop in). It's a 75ft rope plus 5ft handle. With the plate in neutral the lip on the wake rolls over at 80ft. To roll the clean lip back farther on the wake, we run the wakeplate between all the way down to 1/2 down. It depends on how much lip you like and how many people are in the boat. We have not been able to clean the lip up out at 80ft to our satisfaction. He'll ride it and eventually tell us to pull it in one loop. Hope that helps.

Chefwong
07-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Your going to have to go a little faster to get the sweet spot further back

Also make sure your boat is actualy going that speed...
When we first got our XLV we had a hard time with the wake but it only took 1 or 2 times out to realise the perfect pass was calibrated 2 mph faster than what we were going.

GPS is good for that

moombabound
07-27-2007, 01:12 AM
I took delivery of an Outback V recently and have been struggling with what amount of ballast and where. The recommendation on purchase was Gravity I. I've now augmented that with twin StraightlLine 350 Launch Pad's in the rear to improve surfing. I note that with both the earlier posts in this stream, the ballast alone exceeds the boats maximum capacity, regardless of passengers and gear. In the one case it far exceeds the max. It seems to be a common theme to overload a boat with ballast to achieve the desired wake. Can anyone comment as to why the max ratings are disregarded and what risk that imposes on the hull?