PDA

View Full Version : Special shout out!!!

tazz3069
06-16-2007, 10:41 AM
I want to thank Jesse C for helping, guiding me, on the install of my tower speakers, amps, and the tower lights. Everything works great. It's nice to have members that help other members eventhough we all live in different states. Thaks Jesse.
Mark

JesseC
06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Not a problem Mark. I could not count the number of times someone on this board has posted the answer to one of my problems or helped me find an answer. Ed G, Buttafewcoe, Wolf, Joe Techie just to name a few have always been very helpful.

The "factory" guys that are the best at helping out are Brian Raymon from skiers choice and "Engine Nut" which is Larry over at Indmar. These two guys are at the top of their game when it comes to customer support! This message board has been the best source for solving problems or just shooting the breeze. Thanks SC, Indmar and the rest of the Moomba board!!!

So how did the tower speakers sound out on the water?

NateDog
06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
how do you feed the wire through the tube. this seems like the toughest part for me

JesseC
06-18-2007, 09:43 PM
There are a few methods for feeding the wire. I have tried the vacuum cleaner and dental floss trick as well as the small metal nut tied to dental floss and giuided with a large magnet.

On my 02 LSV, we drilled the holes in the tower and then taped up all of the holes on the tower except for one of the ones we drilled and then fed the dental floss through the hole while my budy put the shop vac on the one at the bottom of the tower. Took about 2 minutes!!

You can see the floss next to one of the wires we had already run.
Check out some of the other pics of my install.

http://www.lisaandjesse.5u.com/MoombaTowerProject/

http://www.lisaandjesse.5u.com/MoombaTowerProject/Moomba%20Project%20022.jpg

tazz3069
06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Natedog, I used #14 stranded wire. I feed it through the holes and fished it out the other end. Basically, make a hook at one end of the wire. Push it down until you see it at the other end. With another piece of wire, make a hook at one end also. Try to hook the two wire together. Atach speaker wire with take and pull through carefully. Good luck. It took me a while to do this. I finally got it done and everthing looks great.

rbc_racing
06-19-2007, 11:51 AM
The new LSV towers are a little more tricky to wire, since they are hinged in the middle of the front tube on the tower. you also have to drill a hole through the centerof the mounting plate from underneath in the storage compartment. A little tip here is to measure where the hole is drilled for the nav light wiring on the drivers side and drill the same location on the other side. I used fishtape with string attachedloosely and a nut tied to the end of the string, I would feed the fishtape with the string attached with a piece of masking tape, through the tower, then use a small magnet to pull the nut out of the tower and then pull the string with the wire attached through the tower.