PDA

View Full Version : Ballast tanks filling on their own.

calpal10
06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi all,

I've got an 03 mobius and for some reason the left rear and center ballast tanks are filling automatically (without turning the switch on). Has anyone had this issue and if so what might i do to stop this. Thanks

Dave A
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
The solenoid valves for the ballast tanks have manual toggle switches. They need to be flipped to the other position if the ballasts are filling on their own. Either that or it is a sign that it is time to go wakeboarding. Maybe both.

There are pictures in the owner's manual. 2004 manual page 12m-35. Good luck.

Dave

cab13367
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Calpal,

Dave A is right - you probably have the manual override switch flipped on on the solenoid. Same thing happened to me - the front bag would fill while we were underway and my 10 year old son happened to remember that the dealer told us about those manual switches on the solenoid. If you have them flipped in the open position, then they are always open regardless of what position the electric switch is on. So when you motor along, the water pressure fills your bags.

Hope that helps.

Al

calpal10
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
thanks a lot to both of you, i'll give that a try

Psmartell
06-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I had a similar problem on my 06 LSV on our 3rd run in trip at the lake.The first thing to check is the manual bypass. Mine turned out to be the pintle sticking in the bore of the solenoid valve bore. I took it out my self and lightly touch the pintle and it extended out of the bore. I put the valve back in place and re-checked next time at the lake and have had no problems since. Also check for any grit that might have made its way past water inlet screen that can get wedged between pintle and solenoid housing