PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Moomba's

Burke
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Just curious how many Colorado Moomba owners are on here?

Where is everybody riding so far this year?

iaonbb
06-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey~ '04 Mobius LS owner here. Live in SE metro off the tollway. Ride Chatfield 3-4 times/week. Been on the water since late March!!! Not bad seeing as how it's been the worst year in history! Looking forward to this weekend!!! How 'bout you?

Gimme a shout, let's hookup!!!
Marc

deeluk
06-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I live up in Fort Collins. Have an '04 Mobius LSV. Orange and blue for the Gators. Usually go to Boyd or Horsetooth. Boyd is finally up to a decent level again. Though the dinky dock is a joke. I've heard through the grapevine that they are working on a new one. Why they didn't leave the old one out there in the meantime I have no idea. Patrols seem to be out at Boyd much more than in the past...

Burke
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm up in the Fort also. I've only been out to Horsetooth so far. I wasn't sure about Boyd, it looks like it's even smaller then Horsetooth?

I've been wanting to get up to Glendo for a weekend lake camping trip, and up to McConaughy in Nebraska. I've heard it gets pretty nuts there.

How is Chatfield? I'll probably ride there in a few weeks with some buddies.

iaonbb
06-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Glendoe is cool but cold and windy. McConaughy is very windy as no natural breaks. Charfield sucks compared to the midwest where I'm from but the best overall IMHO for these parts. The key to Chatfield is going on weekdays or EARLY on weekends. There is a good sized following of riders that hit chatfiled regularly. Hit me up if anyone is heading down and I'll show you around!
MArc

deeluk
06-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Boyd is definitely way smaller than Horsetooth. And it seems to get a bit rougher because of it. Plus, they only let you board on half of the lake, which is ridiculous IMO. It works for early morning and evening sessions though. And definitely during the week. Depending on where you are in town, it can be quicker to get to as well.

We're also going to Glendo at the end of the month. We've been there a few times of the last few years. It's usually pretty good. It's so big that it's relatively easy to find decent water. Wind can definitely be a factor there. Just have to get lucky I guess.

Dunno anything about Chatfield. I've heard some horror stories. Probably good early like everything else though. Get out of there when the bozos start showing up.