PDA

View Full Version : bypass trailer lights

shinknasty
06-12-2007, 10:07 PM
i was told there was a way to bypass the reverse lights on my trailer so when i back it in to the water the brakes wont lock up has anyone heard of this if so how can i do it i have a 06 outback v single axle trailer thanks for the info

BensonWdby
06-12-2007, 10:13 PM
My '99 trailer had a special tab that fit in a slot on the side of the tongue to prevent the hitch from sliding back and compressing the brake hydraulics. Not sure if the new ones have that or not.

Buttafewcoe
06-13-2007, 03:02 AM
If you have the 5 pin on yer trailer and 4 on yer tow, try this.....
Trailer.....1 female, 4 males...take the last male (one away from, not next to the female) and plug into the female closest to the male on the tow. That should be yer running light output. Turn on yer parking lights in the tow to energize the solenoid. That should allow you to even go backwards uphill. Just remember to put it back to norm be4 highway time
Hope this helps
and you didn't hear it from me
B

iaonbb
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Or...just run on over to your local auto parts store and pick up a couple bucks worth of parts and run a jumper (splice) from your reverse lights down to the plug on the truck, crimp on a female connector and just hook it up when you connect the trailer. My local U-Haul shop did this for me in 10 min on my od 4Runner. No more worries during launching or any other time for that matter...good luck!