PDA

View Full Version : boat will not start after long runs

speedy
06-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I have a 2005 mobius LSV that has run good until my last 2 trips. On the last trip i had driven the boat about 30 minutes and shut the boat off and tied up with some friends. We sat there a good hour, and when i went to start the boat it idled real rough for about 15 seconds then the motor died. After that i could not get the to stay running for any amount of time. It would crank and idle up to about 1300rpm and them die. It was almost acting like it was vapor locked. Anyway, got towed in took the boat home, and the next day went to start it and it started right up like nothing had happened. Has anyone had this problem? Do i need to run my blower all the time? ur help is greatly appreciated

smokedog2
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
water or junk in the gas. fill it and put in some stabil or eq.

did you fill on the way home?

NateDog
06-12-2007, 11:23 PM
exact same problem
changed the fuel pump and runs like a dream
have the dealer go out with you on the lake one day and have them check your fuel pressure after long runs

lowdrag
06-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Sounds like vapor lock. I've had pretty much the entire fuel deliver system on mine replaced for a similar problem. I had the fuel pump replaced late last year and haven't had a chance to take it out this year to see if it solved the problem.