PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Cuts Out

fox_lake
06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Everytime our new outback v hits another boats wake our stereo cuts out for a few second to a minute. also sometimes when we change the setting of our wakeplate the stereos turns off. does anyone have an idea of how to fix this or whats wrong?

jburnside
06-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Fox Lake,
Sounds like you have a bad/loose ground. You could give Skiers Choice a call to see if they can point you to the right set of wires to look at but taking to your dealer is probably going to be the best thing to do.

Buttafewcoe
06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Radio and the CD player both cut out?
If I hit a hard chop, my cd will skip, but no prob w/ the receiver.
B

Burke
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
In addition to the suggestions above, this could also be caused by a short in your speaker wiring. This can be caused by: a cut in the insulation some where causing the +/- to touch, something in back of the speaker bridging the two terminals, or a bad speaker.

Wolf-
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Radio and the CD player both cut out?
If I hit a hard chop, my cd will skip, but no prob w/ the receiver.
B

Ditto.
Check the stereo manual and see if it has a self test function.
Many of the newer models will run tests on the speaker lines as well.

fox_lake
07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
i now realize it cuts out when it is turned up over a certain volume- we have an amp and sub- it doesnt seem to be a voltage issue- ive heard it could be over heating , but it also happens first thing in the morning . any ideas?

Buttafewcoe
07-12-2007, 07:54 AM
If your amp has gain adjustments turn them down some to decrease output to the speakers.
My settings for jamming over a long period of time (kenwood mrc-225 mp?
/ sony xplod 500w) is
#26 vol level on the head
in boat speakers, front channel, set to 3/4th gain, hpf
tower speakers, rear channel, just a fuzz under 3/4th gain, neutral on filter (no high pass, no low pass)
If I try to get any happier than that, the protection ciruit on the amp will kick in after a short period then I hafta wait for the amp to cool a bit
Hope this helps
B

Wake Master
07-12-2007, 08:14 PM
There are setting inside the Kenwood amplifer. If you remove the amp. cover you can adjust the amp. I had the same problem until I adjusted the setting to match the installation manual for the speaker setup.

pnichol080
07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Mine did the same thing, under the dash to the lower left is a metal strip used to ground. On mine the bolt holding the ground wire was loose, and when I hit a bump or my sub was bumping (volume turned up) it would bounce the ground wire, and the stereo would cut out then come back on. I hope that helps.

csumerall
07-25-2007, 12:22 AM
the same thing was happening to me except it was a loose connection. It luckily happened to be on the main fuse right behind the battery. It only took it happening about 10 times before I could figure out what it was.