PDA

View Full Version : New Stickers

BLKOUTLS
06-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I just wanted to Thank S.C. for my new stickers i recieved in the mail today. They are very pretty colors of orange and white with black lettering and yellow and black lettering. I then get to follow the enclosed diagram to paste all these dam things around my boat :cry: 12 stickers because it seems some people today can not use their brains and accept responsibilty for their actions , its always someone else fault they are morons. :evil: To bad darwins thoughts dont work for this people and their lawyers instead we are left with them instead and the problems they create. sorry about the rant. S.C. I need to go boarding.

Chris

BLKOUTLS
06-10-2007, 08:08 AM
:shock: sorry no time for to ski and board this weekend makes me nutz.
When you get a envelope in the mail from S.C. the excitment grows until
you open it and its 12 warning stickers to place everywhere in your boat
engine compartment ,tower,and all points inbetween . A newsletter or
new brochure would have been great but the warning stickers bad timing.

BLKOUTLS
06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Ed I am not pissed at S.C. but the stupid people that are the cause to have to have them throught out the boat. Enclosed was a letter refering to
teak surfing,co issues ,improper seating as the boat can make quick turns,fuel explosions , trunk ballast weight and improper tower 1 rider and pylon use all of which these stickers refer too. S.C. refers to changing them in the boats in 03,04 and I suspect they are going back in time now I have an 02. It is more of the point why some people cant seem to use 1 oz of common sense but instead we all then have to be reminded of their stupidity.It does make me wonder if I
choose not to affix these beautiful stickers on my boat and upgrade( :D LSV :D ) and a Darwin award candidate buys mine and it doesnt have them what then. I think you can understand where I'm going.
Chris

zabooda
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned about getting additional safety stickers. They are being made manditory and Washington State sends them out with the registration. The difference here is the State will fine boaters for not having them on their boat as everyone gets one when they register. The one they sent is the CO sticker and failure to display the sticker for occupants to read is a $100 fine. Since Wa State follows other States in setting rules feel lucky if your State doesn't require all these stickers. But I bet it won't be long before your State incorporates these same rules. I'm sure SC is sending them because they are required by law not by choice. Teak Surfing is illegal in Wa. State so that is probably why we didn't get a sticker.

http://www.boaterexam.com/usa/washington/education/c5-safe-boat-operation.aspx

Teak surfing (a.k.a. platform dragging) is illegal in Washington State. Teak surfing is when a passenger hangs onto the rear of the boat to be pulled through the water until the boat's wake builds enough to allow body surfing

People who operate a motorboat with someone holding onto or occupying the portion of boat aft the transom could receive a maximum fine of $360

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19054192/

BLKOUTLS
06-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Ed I was not nor did I try to slam S.C. but really my point was to bash the
people responsible for needing the stickers on the boat. It seems to me in many instances today it is always someone elses fault rather than the respnsible party stepping up to the plate and taking the blame. I am sorry I did such a poor job conveying that.
Chris

Wolf-
06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
My package from from SC today.
I have an 06 Outback.

We wont need a group buy on transom protectors. Just throw all the labels on the back!

http://www.feather.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/WindowsLiveWriter/TheCostoftheStupidAmongUs_CFA7/labels008_thumb%5B5%5D.jpg (http://www.feather.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/WindowsLiveWriter/TheCostoftheStupidAmongUs_CFA7/labels008.jpg)

http://www.feather.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/WindowsLiveWriter/TheCostoftheStupidAmongUs_CFA7/labels009_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg
(http://www.feather.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/WindowsLiveWriter/TheCostoftheStupidAmongUs_CFA7/labels009.jpg)

http://www.feather.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/WindowsLiveWriter/TheCostoftheStupidAmongUs_CFA7/labels010_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg
(http://www.feather.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/WindowsLiveWriter/TheCostoftheStupidAmongUs_CFA7/labels010.jpg)

Buttafewcoe
06-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Who all can expect these stickers?????
:?:
:mrgreen:
B

Wolf-
06-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Who all can expect these stickers?????
:?:
:mrgreen:
B

I was surprised to get them.
Most are dupes of the ones already on the craft.

Although, the warning right below the tow point on the tower is gone. The camera mount rubbed it off.

BLKOUTLS
06-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I suspect they will start arriving for any registered owners with S.C.. I like the idea of transom protector but I'll stick with my gator grip. My question should I not put the circus stickers on and I sell the boat and
something happens then what. idea's anyone?

Chris

Wolf-
06-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I suspect they will start arriving for any registered owners with S.C.. I like the idea of transom protector but I'll stick with my gator grip. My question should I not put the circus stickers on and I sell the boat and
something happens then what. idea's anyone?

Chris

IANAL

1. Run the boat, save the stickers, give them to the new owner.
2. Run the boat, show them to all passengers before embarking.
3. Put them on the boat and make it look like a rental craft.

BLKOUTLS
06-13-2007, 10:21 PM
have to go with#3. I quess I have to go out now and by some orange vests of shame for all to wear.

Dave A
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
You could be like a flight attendant and put on a little dog and pony show just before leaving the dock, and the beverage service starts. :D

JesseC
06-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I got mine the other day. I plan on putting them with the rest of my moomba packages and install them when I sell the boat to get a newer model. That way the new owner will have the warning stickers on the boat that are clean and easy to read.

SiglooLSV
06-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I suspect they will start arriving for any registered owners with S.C..

I've moved to another state since I purchased my boat. Anyone know how to update my address information sith S.C.? I want to make my riding lawn mower look cool too, Ed.

-Chris

qb12
06-16-2007, 08:54 AM
got mine yesterday also.

did anyone notice they are a different texture than the old ones

JoeTechie
06-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Woo Hoo !!!

They fixed the spellin of "While" on #5 !

(anyone with an 06 can see the mistake)

I'm putting my 'Tower' stickers on the closest Cell Tower - those things are dangerous.

I did not see where to put the 'boaters checklist'... so maybe across the gauges so I can see it. :roll:

Though I thank SC for trying to be safe, stickers do NOT control boating safety - Owners and parents do ! Anyone think the 14 year olds would read these ?

Hell - have all of us read the warnings on our skis and wakeboards ? Holly COW those are scary!

-J

JesseC
06-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I think that the mailing of the sticker was a good idea. I am the second owner of my LSV and a few of the stickers are missing. I am not planning on putting any of them on until I sell the boat, that way the will be clear and easy to read. I downloaded the owners manual and made myself familiar with all of the warnings before going out on the boat. The stickers will catch the people that not are as motivated as we are to familiarize ourselves with our boats and learn all of the warnings and precautions.

On the other hand, I have to admit, I was really excited when I got the large envelope from skiers choice only to find out it was the warning stickers!!! Iwas hoping it was my one time free coupon to upgrade my LSV to an 07 XLV at no charge, oh well, maybe that one will come in next month!!

Anyway, thankis SC for keeping me up to date!

qb12
06-16-2007, 07:22 PM
okay, this is not funny, but after looking at the new "teak surfing" sticker, a new inboard owner of a vdrive was out to today, bu, and was pulling 2 kids teaksurfing.

i went up to as him if he was teaksufing and he said no, they are platform surfing... i was like what the f###k are you doing, but girlfriend said leave them alone.

i thought this is what is going to take away out wakesurfing on our lake because of idiots like this.

thank you skier's choice for being aware.

doug

BLKOUTLS
06-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I am really glad to see I was not the only one really happy to get a package from SC only to have the bubble burst when I opened it.
JeeseC I liked the upgrade coupon idea. Hello S.C. are you guys taking notes a great giveaway idea :D :D

Chris

Buttafewcoe
06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Still haven't got 'em....and I need my sticker fix!!!
B!

csumerall
06-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Got mine in the mail today(actually the wife left them in her car for the last two days)but I also recieved my new boat tabs and in addition to the sc stickers the state of washington also sent me a carbon monoxide warning sticker which if not in a visable spot is a ticketable offense with the retail value of $150, looking forward to that one.

zabooda
06-22-2007, 01:18 AM
With the stickers being required for all boats in Washington, I assume that checking for the stickers will be as routine as checking for life jackets. I think the fines are probably about the same as not having life jackets.