PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

bamwakeboarder
06-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Alright its finally time for me to pick up my 07 LSV next sunday and I was wondering what to expect on the first day out I have already decided to check all the hose fittings and such myself and I was wondering what else people could suggest I do before the first trip out so that its as trouble free as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Psmartell
06-09-2007, 01:45 PM
As I have mentioned before, as a professinal auto technician I would highly,I repeat highly recommend that you read the whole owners manual and do everything ver batum that Skiers Choice recommends prior to and after launching your boat. I can tell you that owners manuals hardly ever get opened let alone read. The only other book that I think that does not get read and followed as much as it shoulds is the Bible! I can tell you that every time we go out I am triple checking everything starting on the outside of our LSV to including the trailer and then work my way around the inside and payingattention to every fitting,clamp,hose,belt,wires.sensor,elecrtical fitting et al and most importantly the life giving all important fluids. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a horrible day at the lake. And I do agree with the gentleman who gave the advice to take (1) one trust worthy soul with during your run in time to keep distractions to a minimum. One more 2 cents worth,ALWAYS check your drain plugs all the time even if you know they are in you think lol. I almost lost an engine on one of our wave runners 1 yr. ago becuse I did not take the time,in a hurry to park boat trailer. Hope this helped

04OUTBACK
06-09-2007, 02:04 PM
BAM,
I would suggest you take a 1hr ride near the dealer before heading home. Just to make sure there is nothing they need to tidy up.. Even better if they could do a shakedown run before you pick it up since you have such limited time home!

04OUTBACK
06-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you home yet BAM?
I will be out of town Monday thru Friday next week... not sure about next weekend.... Holla if I can help any..

Have a safe trip home and good luck gettin the LSV!

bamwakeboarder
06-13-2007, 05:47 AM
I leave Kosovo for germany fryday and i will leave for home saturday pick up the boat on sunday and ill be on the water as much as possible the next two weeks we need to try and get together on the river one day while I am home do some boarding and drink some beer.

04OUTBACK
06-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I am in BAM... Be safe and we'll catch up when you get home.