PDA

View Full Version : Tower pipe diameter

skibohdi
07-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know the pipe diameter on the rad-a-cage tower. Just had one instaled and need to order some board racks.

Thanks

Brian Raymond
07-16-2003, 11:00 PM
1.66". Wake designs has the racks for you. Brian Raymond

skibohdi
07-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm looking at the Mako racks. Do you know what size that corresponds to.

Mainemoomba
07-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Look at Fluid Concepts. Solid looking, boards don't rattle, and the clamp works.
Dave

skibohdi
07-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Dave,

I've been debating between the two. But I like the fact that I can easily remove the Mako racks when not on the water. Do you or anyone else know if the Mako racks rattle alot.

Still need to know if the 1 3/4" is the corect size clamp to order.

Steve

Mainemoomba
07-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Try this thread in this heading:
http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=268

It was after reading the posts that I decided on Fluid concepts. The prices are reasonable, also.

Dave

PS.... If you go back 2 or 3 pages under this heading (general chat), you'll see this topic has come up before.

medevac130
07-18-2003, 10:07 AM
I posted on a similar thread before and I still stand by my new racks from www.nice-rack.com. The price is right for the quality and they are solid as a rock on my tower. Went through some huge chop last weekend they didn't make a so much as a squeek and didn't losen up a bit. Just make sure if you call them you specify that it is for a rad-a-cage so they will send the right mounting bracket. Can't say enough about these, just give'm a look. WARNING: Don't forget to put the dash in the URL, or you will end up at a site that has NOTHING to do...well almost nothing to do with our sport.

Dan Lee
07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Again, I'm a big fan of Fluid concepts racks. Our racks are the 1 5/8" diameter. They DONT RATTLE, other do, I've seen them all, even some fall off!!!!

skibohdi
07-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your input guys.

I just ordered from Fluid Concepts yesterday. I'll let you know how they work.

04-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by skibohdi

Dave,

I've been debating between the two. But I like the fact that I can easily remove the Mako racks when not on the water. Do you or anyone else know if the Mako racks rattle alot.

Still need to know if the 1 3/4" is the corect size clamp to order.

Steve

my mako racks fell off with my brand new board attached. they come off too easy.
mako nor the dealer for skiers choice would help me. Lost 600.oo just like that.