PDA

View Full Version : Inverts

gt9118
06-07-2007, 01:57 PM
The first Inverts was landed last weekend. Unfortunately it was my younger brother. Looking forward to trying again this weekend. The boat has been in for service all week.

To start off getting the feel of going upside down (HS front flip) we slowed the boat down to 18 or 19 and put the rope at 60 feet. Went at the wake and just tried flipping. Let go of the rope right away. After a couple of tries and realizing that it doesnt hurt at all we started to increase speed a bit (21ish) Within no time we were all getting great air but not landing clean. Day one we had no sucessful lands. Day two he (younger brother) crashed 3 or 4 times and i was sick of turning the boat around so I said if you land one today I will buy the rest of your beer this weekend. Well it didnt take long after that for a for a sucessful flip. The key was speeding up and making sure you go W2W to get a smooth landing. The Power to Bud Light!!!

outback 4
06-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Have you guys only been working on the front flip, or have you tried the back roll as well? I've been working on the back roll, and it seems that it might actually be a little easier doing the front flip. I keep doing a roll to revert instead of a standard back roll which is casing some nasty falls.

gt9118
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I have been sticking with with the front flip because when I fall its normally on my butt rather than my face. Seems like the falls arent as bad going forwards. Tech. I feel back roll would be the easiest to land. That will be coming hopefully tomorrow.

Dave A
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Too bad you live in Michigan, with an attitude like that you could go boating with me anytime.

JoeTechie
06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
gt - Please resize your avitar.

:shock:

-J

JesseC
06-07-2007, 11:38 PM
My crew has been tring Tantrums anf front flips for the last couple of weeks. I couldn't believe how easy the falls were. They were no where near as painful as I thought they would be. We started on the trampoline doing backflips and then we progressed to the wake skate and now are on the wakeboards, but have not landed either yet. Hopefully Lay lake will see us land both inverts this weekend!

gsi09907
06-10-2007, 10:25 PM
been trying a backroll for a while, I can see the landing but miss it by only 3 or so inched, the front od the board clips the other side of the wake and trips me... help any suggestions?

Also been wanting to try a front flip but don'r really know where to start the rotation, throw it in the trough or jump first then throw it I mean when edging in HS what should I be thinking of

thanks
chris