PDA

View Full Version : can the boats decals be removed without any problems?

flyinhigh420
06-05-2007, 10:32 PM
quick question for you guys. are the decals on the boat under or over the gel coat or clear coat and are they able to be removed without any problems? decals such as "the big mobius on either side and the lsv" thanks for your input guys

take a look at this boat in this link, i think this boat looks sick what do you guys think about the look?

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1698

Swamp Buggy
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
They can absolutely be removed without much problem at all. I removed the graphics from my 06 Outback V by hand. I used very little "sticker-off" to remove the left over residue. Go to www.hardlineproducts.com

smokedog2
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Took mine of an 05 this last week - easy

SD2

Bulldgz
06-06-2007, 03:30 AM
I had no problem getting the graphics off my 03 Mobius. I used a hair dryer and was sure not to get to close. It really helped. A quarter the way into the first decal I began to forecast the elasticity and breaking point of the decal. The whole project took me about 45 minutes. Just take your time and keep the hair dryer moving. I cleaned up the residue adhesive with a little "Zaps" Lift Off 2 (It will not destroy your gel coat) I still used it in moderation. You can find it at Home Depot in the paint department small blue can.

Now I'm lookin to put on 2007 Tribal Mobius graphics. They're a little pricey, so looks like i will be searching the post for some help as well.

Hope this helps!

flyinhigh420
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
how did you guys start peeling the decals off? did you just start with your fingernails or is there a special tool.

Swamp Buggy
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Fingernail. It was really easy.

superman
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I pulled the decals off my 02 and put on the 06 decals. Made a big difference. Very easy to start pulling with a hairdryer. To get the sticky glue off try Goo Gone from True Value or any home imrovement store.
________
Harley-Davidson Model 11 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Model_11)

Swamp Buggy
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Flyinhigh420,

Weren't you at the Florida jamboree?

flyinhigh420
06-06-2007, 06:27 PM
MR. SWAMP BUGGY

yeah I was at the jamboree for about 2 hrs. I made a quick stop in on the way down to Sarasota, fla to the beach house. Would have loved to stay longer, but had 4 other's with me going on vacation. I am down to get one going in georgia, whatever I could do to help out to get one going. I actually just moved out to Paulding county "Dallas" to be exact 7 mins from Lake Allatoona. I noticed you are in Douglasville right down the road from me. Do you go to Allatoona? I have that boat fever and am in the market to get a boat asap, just wanna make sure I make the right purchase. Just not sure on what model I want yet.

flyinhigh420
06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Flyinhigh420,

Weren't you at the Florida jamboree?

I am deciding between an Outback V and a Mobius LSV, just dont know yet and I am gonna pay alot more in the beginning of the summer compared to waiting till the end of the boating season when they are just letting them go get get the out for the 2008's. Or even debating going to the boat show next year and ordering an 08 hopefully pretty close to msrp. Is your boat happen to be yellow and white?

Swamp Buggy
06-06-2007, 07:16 PM
We do go to Allatoona alot. I am really trying to get a Georgia Jamboree together. I have talked to Lisa at Atlanta Marine and they have agreed to help out as much as they possibly can.

My wife and I were in the Outback V (Navy blue) with the custom graphics. I actually just traded it in on an 07 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games. Wow what an awesome boat.

I was able to get a great deal on the Supra a couple weeks ago. They allowed me 90% on my trade and I still drove out below MSRP.

Let's get together sometime at Allatoona.

flyinhigh420
06-06-2007, 08:09 PM
man i would love to get together, I just need a boat. I bet that 24ssv is beautiful, would love one myself just a little out of the price range. Let me know what I can do to help you out in any way to get something started up as far as a jamboree. were you thinking about holding it at Allatoona? I think it would be a great location. I went to the wakeboard event a couple weekends ago and it turned out great I think. There were tons of people there. Just let me know what I can do to help you out with getting something set up.

PS: If you ever have an empty seat available for another guy and his wife let me know, I would take care of whatever needs yall might have "food,gas,beer,parking" until I get a boat :D

Swamp Buggy
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
What are you doing on the 16th?

flyinhigh420
06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I gotta work the next 3 saturdays. I just transfer'd jobs, so I really have to work whatever they give me. I really appreciate the invite man and would love to take you up on the offer anytime. Just let me know when you are headed out and need some company.

Thanks,
Tommy

Swamp Buggy
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
No problem. I will keep you in mind. Send me your number in a private message and I will call you some time.