PDA

View Full Version : skis in wakeboard rack?

djcarney
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
i see wakeboard racks and waterski racks. can skis go on the wakeboard racks?

carsondoc
06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I put my ski in the wakeboard rack. I have a friend who had a wakeboard rack that didn't accomodate a ski however, so I think it just depends on the rack itself.

iaonbb
06-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Ditto...depends on the ski, bindings, etc...I use my surfboard rack instead. As a matter of fact, the board and ski fit perfectly together. Works great as all my equip is on one my side and wakeboard rack is open for everyone else's boards on the port side.
MDB

cptmoomba
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
dj,

I believe if you have the Outback with the 1 - 5/8" diameter rad-a-cage tower you will have two struts per side. Wakeboard racks come mounted on the upper (narrower setup) strut. On my Outback I left the driver side setup like that for up to 2 wake boards, and moved the port side racks down to the bottom strut so you can adjust the width of the rack spacing. This has accomplished storing 2 slalom skis, my HO Comp with dual boot bindings, and a wide ski from Obrien with just a toe strap for everyone else.

Lastly, my friends that have the mobius and the bigger diameter factory racks do not have the lower strut and have to buy racks specifically for waterskiis.

Hope this helps.