PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Speakers not working - help

GSellman
06-02-2007, 01:10 AM
I had my 2006 Outback V out for our first weekend after winter storage on Memorial Day. None of the speaker inside the boat are working. The two tower speakers (which operate off of the amp) work, but none of the 6 interior speakers. I've checked all the wiring, fuse, connections, fader control - I'm stumped! It is the standard Kenwood deck. Any ideas?

seanpatsdad
06-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Push in on the white connector on the back of the stereo.it may have come loose.I think the amps are fed by pre-outs[rca jacks]on that stereo.If they took out the battery they may have hit the wires pulling out of the stereo.Just an idea.
John

GSellman
06-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I tried both of those with no luck. This is driving me crazy!

seanpatsdad
06-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Did you try pushing in on the reset button on the front face.Try removing and then installing the front face also.Mine has come loose before.If still nothing,Do what I did,scrap the stock one and head to Best Buy and upgrade to one that at least plays MP3s.Hope it works out for you.
John

JoeTechie
06-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I had this same problem w/ MY '06. It was the head unit. Replaced under warranty - no biggie. It's been reported once on the board sicne then as well. They seem to have a problem w/ some of the Kenwood head units I guess.

-J

csumerall
06-03-2007, 05:08 AM
same here covered under warr. quick swap out had it back the same day