PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mobius LSV Engine (with 8 hours) Issue - Answers Please

canadasteve2
05-28-2007, 10:36 AM
As I was breaking the engine in, I made sure I stayed below 2000 then 3000 then 4000 up to the 8 hour mark. 2000 first hour, 3000 next and then 4000 for the next 5. (I actually rarely put it above 3500 in that five hour period).

I did get it to 4000 RPM a few times however now that I have 8.2 hours on it, I simply CANNOT get it beyond a reading of 3600 RPM. However, when I get there, the darn boat says it is going 46MPH.

So, (1) either the engine computer is reving the boat LESS while engaging the transmission differently so that the boat is faster with less revs

or (2) the Tach or MPH gauge is off.

Anyone have a guess? I checked fluids (oil and tranny) and checks for leaves in water intake in the engine compartment. Is the tranny oil very clear? The tranny oil looked completely clear. Not red or pink at all. Maybe there is a problem?

(Note: I am canadasteve however once again my password is screwing up and even after I had it re-email me a new password, I still cannot log in..so I just created this canadasteve2

Thanks
Lastly, my depth reading only works "sometimes". Can it be plugged somewhere? It works when I go slow, but if I go past 10MPH, it reads "--"

Jon
05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds to me like you have a couple of issues. First of all, your speedo is off for sure. No way will an LSV go 46. Get a GPS and dial it in or have your dealer do it for you. I'm not sure about only being able to get to 3600 rpm's though.

For the depth finder, make sure the transducer is mounted securely to the hull. If so, make sure it is not located behind any kind of paddlewheel, intake, or underwater gear. This will cause disturbance and the depth finder will not read.

canadasteve2
05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Well I wonder if the depth guage and the tach and MPH are all related, since it sure seems I was doing at LEAST 40 MPH and the egine SOUNDED like it was going over 4000 RPM? The depth guage is the factory one.

Any ideas what the motor RPM will go max? It is the standard 2007 motor.

Jon
05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Max RPM on the motor is 5000. I wouldn't think the depth gauge would be related to the other problems. I'd let your dealer sort it out.