PDA

View Full Version : Sirius sattelite radio start up

gsi09907
05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Just picked up my new boat and i alreadyhave sirius in my truck so how do you get the boat sirius account started... I have no serial numbers or anything from the factory in my packet... do i have to crawl into the cubby hole and find it on the unit?

SiglooLSV
05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Generally you have to add the Sirius Satellite Tuner box to the radio even though it is "satellite ready." The radio is in fact ready - to control the tuner that you add.....that tuner will have the number that you need to start your account.

-Chris

csumerall
05-28-2007, 12:11 AM
The decks are sirius ready but generally you have to plug in an actual sirius unit. You can get them on crutchfields web site for $80 and then you just plug it in i think it took me like 5 minutes and then you call sirius and activate it. Unless you have a silver box under the dash somewhere and an antenna you probably dont have it installed

gdubb
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
When I called Sirius they were able to get the numbers that they needed right off the display of the head unit. Also when you buy the sirus antenna I would recommed buying the plug for an I pod. It was like $17 from crutchfield and pluged in right through the sirus unit and runs off the disk changer of our radios.

GW