how to jump higher. Is it really hard to "jump the wake"?? What are some

easy tricks that a new rider can work on? Thanks

Wolf-
05-27-2007, 08:05 AM
So I am a new rider but I want to do everything now!! I need some tips on

how to jump higher. Is it really hard to "jump the wake"?? What are some

easy tricks that a new rider can work on? Thanks

Buy "The Book".
It is the definitive wakeboard video series.

SiglooLSV
05-27-2007, 08:23 AM
I agree with Wolf....buy "The Book". Definitely will help you get the basics down. Good luck and safe riding.

superman
05-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Its all in line tension and a good rope.

Ok its alittle more than that. :shock:
________
Yamaha XS360 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XS360)

pickle311
05-27-2007, 11:47 AM
the book is good, but it does nothing for the question that you are asking. I don't know why, but they really dropped the ball on the basic wake to wake jump. The key is progressive edge. You want to start your cut somewhat slow and cut harder all the way through the wake with your hardest cut being at the top of the wake. When you start your cut, squat down. You want your knees at almost a 90 degree angle. As you are cutting towards the wake, pull the handle in towards you and continue to pull. This will really help you load the line. Just as you're leaving the wake stand tall and force the handle down to your waist. This part is all about timing. If you stand too early, you will come off edge and loose your pop and it will yank you forward causing a face plant, too lake and your knees will adsorb the pop. The pop will want to collapse your legs but you have to resist it. It's almost the same as someone jumping up on your back, you want to brace yourself the same way. Once you leave the wake and are in the air, spot your landing. Also as your spotting your landing, push your waist towards the handle a little bit. That's called the bush push. It will help you to land on edge. When you land, keep your edge. If you land flat, you will get pulled forward or slide out. Keep that edge and cut out away from the boat. Good luck and have fun. It took me a little while to get it right and I just recently got it. Now if I can force myself to quit dropping the handle I'll be happy.

Nafplio
05-27-2007, 05:36 PM
The book is good investment. But do yourself a favor and get a couple of lessons. There are plenty of schools around you. I recently did just that. You wouldn't believe all the bad habbits I've picked up in the last 3 years.

csumerall
05-27-2007, 07:12 PM
when I first started I bought the "book" dvd on getting started after I watched that one I went out and bought the whole series. In addition to that I went to a wakeboard camp out here and did one of their one day classes it was great. I had a lot more confidence after that. I would highly suggest it. The class i went to had two instructors going out on the boat with one rider so there was a lot of attention to you the rider. Also got to meet and watch nick ennen ride. The one day class was only $100 and that was for 3 20 minute sessions

Pike
05-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks guys

klintz
05-29-2007, 07:33 AM
http://www.marinetrader.jp : kindly click the link for more information.

Pike
05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
http://www.marinetrader.jp : kindly click the link for more information.

Will one of the moderators please remove this guy from the site. This site is for people to share info and problems....not advertise!! :evil:

Smrtz
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Don't worry Pike they will get him!
The occurance of this used to be rampant here and they took care of it.. every once and a while one slips through but, rest assured they will get him!

drhodes5
05-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Last year was my first year wakeboarding and we too had a great deal of trouble clearing wake to wake. The "Book" is very helpfull but does leave out alot of the basics. The first thing you need to do is make sure your wake is correct, and your line is not to long. The shorter the line the less distance it will require to clear the wake. Just for reference, I have a 06 LSV rope at 65',ballest bags full, wake plate all the way up and speed around 21 to 22. The biggest mistake we made was to bend our knees. Do not bend your knees. Yes bending your knees and pulling the rope will give you more height but it requires your timing to be perfect. The easiest way to clear the wake is go out wide edge in the whole way and lock your body. Lean back a little when you hit the wake but make sure your knees are locked and your body stiff. All the enegy will be transfered to your jump and not absorbed by your body. If you watch the book they show you this on the basic jumping section they just dont tell you what they are doing. Good luck

Pike
05-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Last year was my first year wakeboarding and we too had a great deal of trouble clearing wake to wake. The "Book" is very helpfull but does leave out alot of the basics. The first thing you need to do is make sure your wake is correct, and your line is not to long. The shorter the line the less distance it will require to clear the wake. Just for reference, I have a 06 LSV rope at 65',ballest bags full, wake plate all the way up and speed around 21 to 22. The biggest mistake we made was to bend our knees. Do not bend your knees. Yes bending your knees and pulling the rope will give you more height but it requires your timing to be perfect. The easiest way to clear the wake is go out wide edge in the whole way and lock your body. Lean back a little when you hit the wake but make sure your knees are locked and your body stiff. All the enegy will be transfered to your jump and not absorbed by your body. If you watch the book they show you this on the basic jumping section they just dont tell you what they are doing. Good luck

Ohhhhh.......Thank you for the info, the only problem is now you got me thinking about what to do and I WANNA GO OUT NOW!!! And my boat is in the shop for my 20 hr. Oh well, I just have to be patient

Thanks again