PDA

View Full Version : My new Moomba is running like GARBAGE

Chefwong
05-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I had a 04 LSV ran great No problems what so ever. We upgraded to a 07 XLV this year with the 340 with the cat. we've gotten the check engine light on around 15 hours, got it to the dealer for service and it was said to be a bad O2 sensor, Got it back today and its blowing black smoke off take off, running really rich, and missing in low end power... O and the check engine light came right back on.

Any Idea's?

llxlv
05-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Take it to the dealer and be patient. Just like in the automotive industry it takes some time to get the kinks worked out anytime they release a new engine. Check out any of the Ford or Dodge chat rooms.

Chefwong
05-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Its still working very bad and been at the dealer for 2 weeks now

JoeTechie
05-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Some of the dealers are a tremendous help and have been amazing at helping owners. Sorry to hear you have such low opinions of them. Strange that you still went back to get a new Moomba even if you disliked your dealer.

-J

Chefwong
05-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I was joking bro, I wasnt trying to knock the dealer

TobesDubai
06-02-2007, 02:29 PM
You guys are lucky to even have a dealer. I’m learning the hard way. Put my boat in for a basic service with local yard and 4 hours of running time later the engine dumped all its oil and packed up. Found out they filled the engine with diesel oil that was not even close to what they should have used. Evan after telling them about ten times it needs to be 15W40!!!

Just to top it all off, I am told to contact my nearest dealer which is in Kuwait that is a different country and about a 2 hour flight away. Which is all very well if you speak Arabic and your prepared to ship your boat evey time you would like her serviced!!!!!!!

The best dealers in my experience are the guys who have owned or own and have experienced the issues and joys of owning such a boat..?? Your thoughts on this would be appreciated..