PDA

View Full Version : 10 hour service

james yarosz
07-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know if the 10 hour service has to be done by a dealer to keep the warranty?

Brian Raymond
07-12-2003, 12:34 AM
ABSOLUTELY. Your boat is under warranty for a year by the manufacturer, 3yrs. by Indmar, and with having your boat serviced and traded through the dealer, allows transfer of the lifetime structural warranty, which will help in the trade or resale value. This service is designed for the consumer. Most issues will happen in the first 20 hrs., this enables the dealer to fix these issues, and keep your boat maintained and documented. Whenever a issue may arise, contact your dealer immediately, this informs him of the issues, and if replacement parts are in order, he can have them readily available for your next service, to delay any down time waiting for parts. Brian Raymond

moombaschleg
07-14-2003, 12:49 PM
My '03 has 17 hours on it. My dealer told me it was 20 hours when the service the initialwas recommended. Should I be concerned?

Brian Raymond
07-14-2003, 10:37 PM
The 10 hr. check-up and oil change are great(if convenient). However, with the new generation of motors and owner usage, 20hrs is the suggested interval to have the boat taken to the dealer. The dealer has a specified suggested outline for this procedure recommended by the factory. It covers all aspects of the boat, from oil change and motor inspection, to hull and deck inspection, and trailer maintenance. If there are any warrantable issues, (hopefully there was prior contact with the dealer), these will also be handled at this time. This is a very important appt. to be sceduled with the dealer, it is a very busy time of year for both you, and the dealer. Make sure you can schedule it with them, so there is little down time for you. A few hrs. before or after 20hrs. is okay. When having a boat serviced at the dealer, they have all the documentation of the boat, which is helpful for all warrantable issues, and resale/trade-in value. Hope this helps.Brian Raymond