PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Factory Ballast in Moomba OB

cptmoomba
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Has anyone with the OB that has a removable back seat upgraded their ballast bags? I am trying to find something like the Fly High Pro X Series Fat Seat Sac to add some massive weight, but still be able to utilize the factory pump/drain system.

1. Assuming Fly High to Fly High upgrade will allow me to use same fittings.

2. Hoping ports line up with current wholes thru hull.

If you have had experience with this, please help me out with confirming or destroying my assumptions.

Smrtz
05-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Just a note from experience, I was able to get a much better wake by adding a couple of 440 pound sacs one mid boat and one in the front with the factory ballast.
Too musch weight in the back didnt do what I wanted it too.
Remember its about displacing water so the mor of the hull that sinks into the water the better the wake will get. Then you can use your wake plate to play with the shape!

Cheers
Jay

cptmoomba
05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your input.

It makes a lot more sense then what I was trying to do.

When you added yours, did you add pumps and drains permanently to your boat, or do you manually fill/empty?

Smrtz
05-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I bought the ones that have the casing around them and bought the pump that works off the lighter outlet. I chose this because going forward I want to start wakesurfing etc and know that being able to adjust wher the weight is in the boat is key!

Hope this helps

Jay

pickle311
05-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I replaced the factory bag with the ProX 750lb sac, it's a perfect fit.