PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Quad V-Drive Boom on LSV

mvd
05-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Hi,

I have an Moomba mobius LSV 2007 waterski/wakeboard boat.

I ordered and received an barefoot boom b204V de luxe quad v-drive boom.

But yesterday i tried to install but i finds some major problems with installing the boom. If i make the clamp on the pylon the holes in the boom and the clamp are not aligned. This you see on the pictures 1-5 place on the folowing link http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=BIA7HKYE

There is no way to connect the clamp to the boom because with holes not aligned there will be so much force on the clamp.
I assume that the boom should be almost horizontal compare to the boat and the clamp should get the minimum amount of force and stress?

Is it possible i got the wrong boom for my boat? Because when i try to install the boom assuming i have an pylon in the front of my boat like the normal waterskiboats, the holes are aligned with the clamp. Pictures 6-7

I also going to send this mail to my dealer in the Netherlands. He is a great help but i try to get the problem fixed as soon as possible because the season is starting now.

Regards

Martijn[/img]

mvd
05-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Anyone using an Quad V-drive boom from Barefoot int???

Please let me know.

mvd
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Anyone using an boom in and Moomba LSV 2007? What type does fit??

Please advise.

Txs

mvd
06-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Sorry for kicking this topic but i need help with this.

The specially designed Quad-V-drive boom from Barefoot int wont fit my standard 2007 LSV. The problem is that Europe is such small market that my dealer cant help me.

Who has an quad-v-drive boom on the LSV or can bring me in contact with some people who can help me with this problem. Maybe some big Moomba dealer who also sells barefoot?

Thanks

Buttafewcoe
06-23-2007, 04:18 AM
You have internet....did you e-mail the service department that sells the boom?
B

mvd
06-23-2007, 04:43 AM
You have internet....did you e-mail the service department the sells the boom?
B

Yeah, my local dealer here in the Netherlands had never sold an boom for an Moomba. He contacted Barefoot in the USA. The where very friendly and also send me an e-mail, but i am still waiting for an solution.

So i hope to get some information from boom-users this way.

Buttafewcoe
06-23-2007, 05:24 AM
The problem with generic / aftermarket stuff is 'one size does not necessarily fit all'
By the pics I saw, it appears you are having an issue with just the clamp. If you have access to, or know someone who works in a machine shop, maybe you can have one fabricated, Or maybe that is what Barefoot is currently working on.
Hope this helps
B

mvd
06-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Ok guys, hope you can help me out with this.

Having still trouble installing my barefoot international B204V (deluxe quad v-drive boom). My local dutch Moomba dealer has never sold an boom for an Moomba, my local barefoot dealer never sold an boom for an lsv. So i am stuck here. I have bought an boom but it does not fit the mobius lsv. Barefoot also does not know exactly what boom i need for the LSV. SC also can't help me.

So maybe you can provide me some e-mail of big Moomba dealers who also sells barefoot products? I can ask them what boom i need and and if this boom fits the LSV? i tried every way but the end of the boom is twisted so it won't fit the clamp. If i attach the end of the boom to the clamp there is a lot of stress on the clamp and the boom isn't horizontal alligned over the gunnel.

I am running out of options, we have 1 Moomba dealer here in the whole country and one barefoot dealer. So please give me some tips where to ask for help.

thanks

mvd
06-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Today i got called on my cellphone from the USA. Mike Seipel himself called me to try to solve the problem! I was stunded because this kind of service is unknow here in Europe. He talked to me for about 15 minutes, gave me his cellphonenumber and asked me to call him when i was at my boat.
He would walk me thru the installation by phone. I could call him any time i want, despide the time differents of 8 hours

Wow, what a service, i mean i am only a small customer on the other end of the big ocean. Is this normal customerservice in the USA???

I am still stundend, will call Mike and will keep you informed.
This is the second experience with an US company that make me smile. First SC and now Barefoot int!! :D

gotmyboat
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm happy to hear that you are getting the help you need. I wish all US companies were like that, but they're not. You typically see this kind of customer service from smaller companies that are passionate about their product and industry (or sport.) Let us know how it all turns out.

Dave