PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pueblo Moombas...

iaonbb
05-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Need some advice for this weekend. We are heading down from Denver with another family in search of warmer water. I spent a couple hours on the lake last fall before dropping the boat off for 20hr and winterization. Looking for some inside advice on where to go and where to avoid. I recall an area of sunken trees and a few other hazards. ALWAYS like to know as much as I can before heading out. Also, how about good ski/wake covers? And lastly, are we going to be screwed showing up at 9am Sat Memorial Day Weekend? We usually do Chatfield and it's be there at sunrise or forget it on holiday weekends. Appreciate any/all advice!!!
MDB

ryadbl30
05-24-2007, 02:08 AM
well the good news is the water level is about 35 ft higher than last year so very few tree problems. the skiers cove, directly across from the north marina is your best bet for boarding, and rumor has it there will be a cove bouyed off over by the south ramp for riding this year. It has been a no wake zone for the last few years, and mostly not under water.
but it is memorial weekend so most likely you will run into a bunch of idoits tubing in circles and jet skis screwing up the water for everyone.

iaonbb
05-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks Ry! Any advice on which ramp to hit, North or South? Also, we'll be down about 9am Sat...how are the lines at the ramps at that time? We're staying in Pueblo West.

When you say "directly across" from the north marina do you mean South? Is it marked? Can you board/surf there too?

ps - Since I got ya'... How about a place to grab some good grub that night? Any good mexican joints with killer margs down there?

Thanks!!!

~M

cab13367
05-24-2007, 05:39 PM
MDB,

Give Bill Campbell at Romoboco (the local Supra/Moomba dealer) a call at 800-592-2628. They are at Pueblo West (you will drive right by their place) and Bill has lived there a long time and can answer all your questions, including dinner recommendations. They also have a lot of boating and watersports gear (including a good selection of wakeboards and wakesurfers) for your shopping pleasure :o)

Hope that helps.

Al

iaonbb
05-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey cab~ I know Bill well and already picked his brain, lol...We'll probably swing by Sat afternoon when we get off the water and drool over the XLV's for awhile. Thanks!