PDA

View Full Version : Don't pet Coyotes

HFarr
03-19-2024, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with boating, but I just laughed so hard about this I had to pass it along....by the way, we generally shoot these things around here. This guy had to be from a big city! LOL. Make sure you have on the sound, warning, he does cuss.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4i1GEWLvg3/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
03-19-2024, 05:00 PM
Got a bunch by me, they used to spook me at night, but used to them now. They don't bother anyone really.

Between the fox and coyotes, they manage the rabbits, turkeys and other vermin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
03-19-2024, 05:32 PM
My grandfather always told me . . . never underestimate human stupidity. That video is funny.

Sort of reminds me of the smart peeps in Yellowstone Park getting out of their cars to take a pic next to a buffalo.

sandm
03-19-2024, 09:28 PM
They don't bother anyone really.

wtf did you think was going to happen... people's stupidity amazes me and it seems to be getting worse and worse since 2020.

we have a TON of them here and see them weekly. they live in the washes and golf courses along with a chunk of the city only a mile or so from desert.. if you have anklebiters, you learn here not to let them out unattended at night as they will hide waiting for them in yards.

my mom's old home was in mcdonald ranch, an over55 community and they averaged a dog every month or 2 "disappearing".

larry_arizona
03-19-2024, 09:34 PM
wtf did you think was going to happen... people's stupidity amazes me and it seems to be getting worse and worse since 2020.

we have a TON of them here and see them weekly. they live in the washes and golf courses along with a chunk of the city only a mile or so from desert.. if you have anklebiters, you learn here not to let them out unattended at night as they will hide waiting for them in yards.

Small dogs and children would be at risk, but neighbors labs play with them on occasion, until I said those are coyotes.

I have hiked in the gravel pit behind my property in winter at night and been surrounded by them, but they keep their distance (of course I am carrying lol)

Seen them take a deer or two, generally injured or fawn, when they start yipping and howling it's eerie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFarr
03-21-2024, 10:44 PM
I know Coyotes around here will try to lure even big dogs out into the woods by getting dogs to chase them. Then other Coyotes are waiting in the woods to pack up on them.
BUT, check this link out. This is one badass dog!

https://www.11alive.com/article/life/animals/herd-dog-kills-8-coyotes-to-save-sheep-decatur-neighborhood/85-4197e55d-d611-4047-a6c6-f7cbe34e43d5

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk