02-21-2024, 05:48 PM
Great News

MJHSupra
02-21-2024, 06:11 PM
Pipes frozen

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

brad460
02-21-2024, 07:07 PM
I initially thought I got an IP ban..but couldn’t remember if I said anything to cause that..

Glad it’s back online !

Dukabor
02-22-2024, 11:19 AM
I thought I was banned as well…. Ahhhhhhh time to settle back in with a coffee and Baileys and scrolling away

HFarr
02-22-2024, 08:01 PM
Not to wish bad luck on anyone, but man am I glad to see all of you couldn't get on the site lately too!! I was wondering if it had just been abandoned or if I violated some sort of rule!! So glad it back up!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
02-22-2024, 08:10 PM
Skiers choice was too busy working on the Supra Electric boat to pay attention to this forum lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dukabor
02-22-2024, 08:13 PM
Skiers choice was too busy working on the Supra Electric boat to pay attention to this forum lol

lol…. I love the idea of all that ballast from the batteries !!

larry_arizona
02-22-2024, 08:14 PM
lol…. I love the idea of all that ballast from the batteries !!

Sure if you are good with 1.5 hour battery limits

HFarr
02-22-2024, 08:40 PM
This thing claims to run all day......
https://arcboats.com/arc-sport

Dukabor
02-22-2024, 09:27 PM
Sure if you are good with 1.5 hour battery limits

I am more worried about the jerky electrical at my marina that can barely light an LED light at the end of the dock lol

MJHSupra
02-22-2024, 10:10 PM
This thing claims to run all day......
https://arcboats.com/arc-sport

I read about that boat too. They claim 24 hours at low speeds, but on average 4-6 hours of active usage. Did not really say usage with full crew and ballast. 6,900#s of dry weight and a total of 9k displacement using Tabs as a surf system on a 23' boat starting at $258k.

Not for me, but interesting to say the least . . . . and funny looking.

HFarr
02-23-2024, 08:48 AM
It wouldn't be my first choice of boat either.

Zog
02-23-2024, 11:34 AM
It's probably because every picture on their website is a render and not a real image. Still, I have the same problem with electric boats that I have with electric trucks: How do I use it to go to Lake Powell? I'm not able to find a charge point for the truck and the boat would have to stay near the marina, since I wouldn't want to try to charge it off a houseboat generator. It just doesn't make any sense for me. Maybe it does if you have a lake house with a boat house with a high voltage connection, but it probably won't ever work for me unless they somehow invent the Mr. Fusion.

Dukabor
02-23-2024, 12:45 PM
It's probably because every picture on their website is a render and not a real image. Still, I have the same problem with electric boats that I have with electric trucks: How do I use it to go to Lake Powell? I'm not able to find a charge point for the truck and the boat would have to stay near the marina, since I wouldn't want to try to charge it off a houseboat generator. It just doesn't make any sense for me. Maybe it does if you have a lake house with a boat house with a high voltage connection, but it probably won't ever work for me unless they somehow invent the Mr. Fusion.

Easy solution…. Fossil fuel powered generator in the back of your truck ! (Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

mgswake
02-23-2024, 11:43 PM

Unfortunately, Mr Fusion only eliminated the need for nuclear power. The DeLorean still ran on gas. That was the dilemma in the third movie when there was an arrow shot through the gas tank. Sorry, hate to burst your bubble.

Just wanted to give you a hard time. Back to the Future is one of my all time favorite movie trilogies.

But to your actual point, I agree that the electric boat will be a hard sell to anyone that wants to spend a full day on the water or a longer trip where electric hook up for charging isn't readily available.

BigOrange
02-24-2024, 03:10 PM
Man I’m glad the forum is back up. I was beginning to think I’d have to violate my conscience and join FB in order to get boat troubleshooting advice.

Glad to be able to talk with everyone here.

On the arc boat - those tracking fins seem way small for that boat. But as mentioned above it may just be notional.

Zog
02-24-2024, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, Mr Fusion only eliminated the need for nuclear power. The DeLorean still ran on gas. That was the dilemma in the third movie when there was an arrow shot through the gas tank. Sorry, hate to burst your bubble.

Just wanted to give you a hard time. Back to the Future is one of my all time favorite movie trilogies.

But to your actual point, I agree that the electric boat will be a hard sell to anyone that wants to spend a full day on the water or a longer trip where electric hook up for charging isn't readily available.

The time circuits weren't nuclear. That baby was electric! They just needed the nuclear reaction to create the 1.21 gigawatts to power the time circuits. Just the engine for the car took gas. I can't figure out why Doc didn't replace the gas engine with Ford's crate electric motor from the Mach E when he was replacing the nuclear reactor with the Mr. Fusion and doing the hover conversion. Also, how did the gas engine power the car after the hover conversion. Further, wouldn't it have been wise to have put the car in hover mode as they approached the bridge in the 3rd movie? Lastly, if Doc Brown could build a nuclear reactor small enough to fit in the DeLorean motor compartment, why wouldn't he commercialize it in 1985. He could have been rich beyond belief!

Those motors and batteries had better get a lot more efficient, include solar everywhere, or something has to change! I hate spending $200 to fill up the boat ($350+ in the marina), but no way am I going to spend twice the money on an electric boat for an hour of use. Seems like it will be limited to a lake rental fleet.

mgswake
02-24-2024, 07:56 PM
The time circuits weren't nuclear. That baby was electric! They just needed the nuclear reaction to create the 1.21 gigawatts to power the time circuits. Just the engine for the car took gas. I can't figure out why Doc didn't replace the gas engine with Ford's crate electric motor from the Mach E when he was replacing the nuclear reactor with the Mr. Fusion and doing the hover conversion. Also, how did the gas engine power the car after the hover conversion. Further, wouldn't it have been wise to have put the car in hover mode as they approached the bridge in the 3rd movie? Lastly, if Doc Brown could build a nuclear reactor small enough to fit in the DeLorean motor compartment, why wouldn't he commercialize it in 1985. He could have been rich beyond belief!

Ah, yes. Great points. As Marty would say; "What the hell is a gigawatt?"

HFarr
02-24-2024, 09:01 PM
No guys! It was a JIGAWATT! For the movie anyways... LOL! And I do love that movie.

Dukabor
02-29-2024, 07:37 AM
These conversations are why I missed this forum so much!! Dont…. Ever…. Leave…. Me…. Again….

bergermaister
02-29-2024, 03:15 PM
Hopefully new members will actually be able to join and post. That was a big headache for a long time...