PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery

TobesDubai
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Does anyone have any good tips for removing stains off upholstery..? And getting it looking like new again..? Other than the usual baot cleaners and elbow grease.

JoeTechie
05-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Discussed here:

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=3991&start=11

-J

ben624
05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Believe it or not.. I used TILEX mold and mildow remover... It worked really great... But I also had a spray bottle of water to remove all the TILEX... Since it had caustic in it... It didn't get all the stains out... But it made it where they are hard to see... But spray it on and wait a few min. You will notice the stains going away... Good luck and DON'T forget the water.

JoeTechie
05-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Ben,

The threads in your seats are going to dry rot in half the time, and the very thin layer of clear coat on your vinyl is now probably gone. Invest in as much 303 as you can - your seats are not going to last.

Tilex is WAY TOO CAUSTIC for boat vinyl. Water, and ivory soap and a scrub brush is best - but takes a little longer. Even the Marine NINE I reccomend is still slightly base, and I also reccomend getting it ALL off w/ water after - but Tilex is dangerous stuff buddy !

5% sodium hypochlorite
2% sodium hydroxide

Those stains "going away" is because there is BLEACH in it !!! Does not matter how much water you put on after.

:shock:

Read the literature that came w/ the boat - it reccomends a few things, follow those guidlines.

-Joe

Buttafewcoe
05-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Nothing but Fantastik to clean, then a liberal coat of 303 to protect
B