PDA

View Full Version : Seat Repair / Upholstery

DDL
10-05-2023, 04:05 PM
Hello all. I have 2004 Moomba XLV and one seat section requires repair and a reupholster. The section is the one that converts to a rear viewing seat. I took it apart yesterday and found the base is some kind of aluminum honeycomb. Because that section is only supported on three sides, the ongoing wear and tear of people stepping in and out of the boat has bent the two concerns. I tried a local dealer to see if that seat was still available (long shot) and was told no. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have any ideas for a work around?3094030941

HFarr
10-05-2023, 04:28 PM
Here is a cmpany that makes them. The panels that is. You might do an internet search and find some more. Or just use a thick piece of polyethylene panel and put an aluminum angle or steel c chanel under the unsupported edge for more rigidity.

https://www.flatironpanelproducts.com/store.html

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

zabooda
10-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Local upholsterer.

DDL
10-05-2023, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. There was an indentation on each side and I thought that was from factory. Probably the corners had already started to collapse when I bought it several years. I’ll try my local upholstery place first and then move to the other two options.