PDA

View Full Version : Nashville surrounding lakes

j.mo
07-25-2023, 08:18 PM
I’m looking at purchasing a home in the Nashville surrounding areas. I’m pretty familiar with the areas of Belle Meade/Brentwood/Franklin/Spring Hill.
However, they are pretty far from the larger bodies of water.
Ideally I’d like to be within 30min of a nice lake, and 45min of BNA Nashville airport.

Anyone have any recommendations? Percy priest seems to be the big lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon
07-25-2023, 09:13 PM
Check out the Hendersonville and Gallatin areas north of Nashville. Near Old Hickory Lake. Not a far drive from Dale Hollow or Center Hill also.

BigOrange
07-25-2023, 09:29 PM
With those parameters, you should take Priest, Old Hickory, and possibly Cordell Hull (smaller) as your lakes. Center Hill is huge but will take you a bit further out away from Nashville if you truly want to be 30 minutes from lake. Since BNA is on I-40 east, you can probably still meet your requirements for Center Hill living in Wilson, Smith, or Dekalb counties.

jnr4817
07-25-2023, 10:42 PM
I live in White House, TN. We are 25min from Old Hickory. We put in at Flippers, Bledsoe, or Douglas Bend. There are several gas stations and Publix between us and the lake and makes stopping pre/post trip easy. The White House, Hendersonville, Gallatin, Mount Juliet area would serve your purpose.

j.mo
08-02-2023, 06:49 PM
I’m headed back to Nashville the 24-31 of this month, line me out a few days of where I should be lookin boys!

zabooda
08-02-2023, 11:08 PM
Get a realtor and have the homes lined up based on what your interests are.

MJHSupra
08-03-2023, 09:53 AM
Check out the Hendersonville and Gallatin areas north of Nashville. Near Old Hickory Lake. Not a far drive from Dale Hollow or Center Hill also.

^^ Truth ^^ You might not have time to look at these lakes, but if you lived closer to the city/burbs area, these lakes are WELL worth the drive and trailer your boat for weekend trips: Dale Hollow and Center Hill.

We had a Skiers get-together event there years ago on Dale Hollow.

j.mo
08-03-2023, 11:05 AM
Get a realtor and have the homes lined up based on what your interests are.

I’ve never really been the biggest fan of realtors. Every purchase I’ve made it’s seemed to work out better when we do the scouting ourselves.
I just the locals/guys here to get me in a better area than the realtors anyway lol

But, just to cover my bases, does anyone have a realtor to recommend?

BigOrange
08-03-2023, 02:56 PM
Have you narrowed your locations down? Might help in realtor recco

j.mo
08-03-2023, 05:19 PM
Have you narrowed your locations down? Might help in realtor recco

I mean I’m familiar with the area, but I’m not from out there. My locations are based on the criteria I need, that’s what the realtor is for no?

BigOrange
08-03-2023, 11:27 PM
No realtor recommendations but a very quality builder -- I am biased since my better half works there. They have Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon and Murfreesboro Communities that fit your criteria.

https://livejones.com/

j.mo
08-03-2023, 11:37 PM
No realtor recommendations but a very quality builder -- I am biased since my better half works there. They have Gallatin, Hendersonville, Lebanon and Murfreesboro Communities that fit your criteria.

Thank you. Looking into them now, and I’ll be sure to check them out when I get out there!

j.mo
09-01-2023, 07:10 PM
I’m out here looking at homes at kennesaw farm, down the road from the launch at awedaddys.

Anyone have any info for us? We’re here until Wednesday. Came to awedaddys to check it out for dinner lol.

j.mo
09-02-2023, 12:08 AM

We stopped by one of the developments in Hendersonville today, I think gallatin is more suited being closer to the lake.

We’re going to get back out that way tomorrow, and check out center hill lake also.

I appreciate all of the advice!

BigOrange
09-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Cool, wish I knew more about that side of town. If you want any insight on the big builders let me know. My wife will give you the skinny unbiased. She knows the whole industry around the Nashville burbs.

j.mo
09-06-2023, 09:32 PM
Spent some time the last 2 days in the whitehouse area. Lots of new development going on over here, still sumner county, and very beautiful rural greenery that gallatin does not have. Short drive down tyree springs still gets you to old hickory.

Anyone know anything about that area near whitehouse high school?

j.mo
06-16-2024, 06:06 PM
Center hill lake is great.
Hurricane Marina is really nice. Much better than hickory. Worth the pull from gallatin for sure.