PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Propulsion thrusters

larry_arizona
07-09-2023, 08:04 AM
Looks like liquid propulsion is finally offering aftermarket thruster kits.

https://liquidpropulsion.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFarr
07-09-2023, 12:00 PM
Wonder what the cost is?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
07-09-2023, 12:02 PM
Looks like it requires a quote based on each boat. The fact that the brackets attach to the swim platform brackets makes it fairly universal.

But considering they are $10k MSRP on a Supra, I would say that's close.

Holdmybeer
07-09-2023, 03:02 PM
Ez drive is around $4k but the mount is not as clean. I'm sure something could be done and still be under $10k.

If this was a $2,500 deal I'm sure more people would add them.

larry_arizona
07-09-2023, 03:18 PM
$10k factory option is steep no doubt, but so is the 450 option at same price point for 48 ft.lbs.

Both grossly overpriced.

Holdmybeer
07-09-2023, 05:52 PM
$10k factory option is steep no doubt, but so is the 450 option at same price point for 48 ft.lbs.

Both grossly overpriced.

You are correct, my man, but all toys are overpriced.
Just saying if the thruster cost was reasonable for aftermarket, more people would add them. $10k should be installed if they are going to charge the same as the factory option. However, without a price on the website, I'm just speculating.

sandm
07-09-2023, 08:13 PM
I can say in 14 years of driving wakeboats I only had 1 time that I wish I had them and we never went back to that ramp.
These boats aren't that hard to drive..

HFarr
07-09-2023, 08:19 PM
I agree. It would be handy in windy situations for my slip, but I SOMEHOW, always manage to get it in without them. Sure looks cool though. I have a friend who had a 30' Cobalt with a twin engine Volvo DP setup. He had the joystick option which moves each foot and prop rotations independently to make the boat crab directly sideways. Talk about parking in a tight spot! That thing would do it. Always made heads turn in a crowded marina.

HFarr
07-09-2023, 08:22 PM
This is about the lowest price I have seen on aftermarket thrusters
https://shop-us.sideshift.com/products/wb230-wakeboat-stern-thrusterhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230710/8efbc2c2a34c271f30613e38fde1a198.jpg

larry_arizona
07-09-2023, 08:30 PM
I use mine mostly for getting rider lined up or when I need to dock on the right side. I don't use it docking on the left side of the dock as that's a v drives natural side.

It's a luxury to back up in a straight line or rotating on the spot in a tight channel etc.

Is it needed, no.

HFarr
07-09-2023, 09:02 PM
Not really anything to do with eake boats. This is the Volvo system. It is not thrusters, but rather two stern drives.
https://youtu.be/Oz_7_1vESeI

cucv
07-14-2023, 02:10 PM
I've emailed Liquid Propulsion on several occasions over the past year about getting a quote but never heard back. When this thread started I called and left a voice mail and got a call back today!

I had a great chat and learned a ton of what they are offering. I asked ballpark price and was told $9500. I'm not sure if that was installed, but he was asking for my dealer's info.

They have a universal mount that has a range of adjustment for retrofit installs, this looks nice.

I'm bummed as they are not offering integrated controls for the throttle like Supra. It's a joystick controller like others in the market. The Supra controls are 50% of the reason I like their system over the competition.

I'll be learning more from them next week.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
07-14-2023, 02:17 PM
I've emailed Liquid Propulsion on several occasions over the past year about getting a quote but never heard back. When this thread started I called and left a voice mail and got a call back today!

I had a great chat and learned a ton of what they are offering. I asked ballpark price and was told $9500. I'm not sure if that was installed, but he was asking for my dealer's info.

They have a universal mount that has a range of adjustment for retrofit installs, this looks nice.

I'm bummed as they are not offering integrated controls for the throttle like Supra. It's a joystick controller like others in the market. The Supra controls are 50% of the reason I like their system over the competition.

I'll be learning more from them next week.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I also heard that the twist throttle (which is nice) would not be offered in non Supra applications. Supra must own that.

Reminds me, my twist knob has worn pretty heavy in 95 hours. Might ask for warranty replacement.