PDA

View Full Version : Tower help

Beejwest
06-22-2023, 02:15 PM
Been a long time since I've posted! I've been using my boat in ignorant bliss and have mostly tapered off my upgrades.

Unfortunately a couple weeks ago we had a a fire in our metal building. My 07 LSV took it hard. It was tarped which was the saving grace and all the damage was from smoke and soot. The soot is corrosive, as I found out later. Long story short, the tower and chrome bits (handles, cleats, window liner) are toast. The marina handling my insurance claim cannot locate a Rad a Cage 3rd gen.

Has anyone put an aftermarket or newer Moomba tower on an LSV? Any pics, tips, tricks, sites, information you have would be appreciated! Or, I would also happily entertain a direct replacement.

Thanks for your help y'all!

larry_arizona
06-22-2023, 05:00 PM
Rechroming an option or perhaps powder coating a complimentary color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mxmark4
06-22-2023, 07:39 PM
I would have them quote the most expensive tower you can find. Then take your tower off for powder coating or polishing.

Beejwest
06-22-2023, 08:26 PM
Thanks, those are good ideas. I had considered paint but disregarded it because paint usually doesn't stick well to aluminum. But powder coat is indeed better.

Holdmybeer
06-22-2023, 10:22 PM
You could have it anodized any color you want being aluminum.

Cerakote would work also. It holds up on firearms, I'm sure it would hold up to your tower usage.

If you can get enough out of them and then clean it up yourself, maybe add a bimini if you don't already have one.

Beejwest
06-23-2023, 12:23 PM
Bimini was on there and is also destroyed. The smoke and soot really did a number. It permanently discolored and corroded any exposed metal in my barn including aluminum, galvanized and even stainless! My FAE is straw colored now! The fire put itself out and I kind of wish at this point it had completely burnt to the ground. It would have made life simpler in some regards.

HFarr
06-23-2023, 06:41 PM
What was the material that was burning?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Beejwest
06-26-2023, 04:16 PM
Gasoline fueled trashcan fire. Started by an air compressor that melted down due to a faulty thermal switch and leaky regulator. There was all sorts of trash in the trashcan, metals, plastics, oiled rags, you name it.