PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Moomba Max Delay In Shifting

apf4
05-30-2023, 01:14 PM
Hello everyone!

Apologies if this has already been talked about here. The boat shifts into reverse instantly, however, there is a 2.5ish-second delay when shifting into forward. Is this normal? No weird sounds or anything.

Thanks for any insight! :)

haknslash
05-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Are you referring to the amount the lever has to move before it engages or saying it’s taking more time than normal to engage?

HFarr
05-30-2023, 03:58 PM
Funny, because my 2021 Makai takes just a second for reverse to engage. A slight push on the forward throttle almost instantly engages the drive just like you would expect. However when I do an easy shift into reverse, it takes a second to engage. No harsh sounds or hard knocks. It's smooth as can be, but it just takes a noticeable second. I just thought it was normal. Now, if I shift quickly into reverse, as I have done a few times when I was coming into my boat slip a little hot due to rain catching us. It is pretty instant. I'm not sure I have helped answer anything here. Just my observations of my boats reactions.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

apf4
05-30-2023, 06:46 PM
I'll shift forward, then 2.5 seconds later, the prop starts to spin. Adds a bit of a challenge when docking or loading onto trailer to account for delays, haha.

apf4
05-30-2023, 06:46 PM
That is interesting... flipped around on your boat. Thanks for sharing your observations!

Zog
05-31-2023, 11:29 AM
I'll shift forward, then 2.5 seconds later, the prop starts to spin. Adds a bit of a challenge when docking or loading onto trailer to account for delays, haha.

That is not normal. We had an issue with that on a previous boat. It took a long time for the dealer to diagnose and correct but was a fault with the neutral selection switch. The boat wasn't sensing a return to neutral and was locking out the forward gear in the transmission. Have your dealer look at it under warranty.